Best GPU For Mining

hamrahamra Member Posts: 28
Colorful NVIDIA GeForce GTX1070 Graphics Card 8GB 256bit GDDR5 DVI+HD+3*DP 3 Fan On Ebay

The Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 is considered by many to be the best choice when it comes to mining cryptocurrencies. Gamers have already noticed just how good this graphics card can be, and crypto enthusiasts were quick to follow.
The best quality that this GPU has is that it can maintain a relatively high hashing rate while not using cosmic amounts of power to do so. Usually, GPUs require immense amounts of electricity to feed them, which in turn might empty the miner’s wallet before he even begins noticing any profits from his mining endeavor.

Asus ROG STRIX AMD Radeon RX 580 Top Edition 8GB GDDR5 RGB Graphics Video Card On Ebay

AMD Radeon RX580 is the main competitor for Nvidia’s GTX 1070. Radeon’s hashrate is unnoticeably bit lower than GTX’s, but where it lacks in hashrate, RX580 makes up in price – it is viewed as a cheaper, yet similarly performing an alternative to Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070.
Same as the GTX, Radeon also keeps a low power usage to maximize potential profits. This graphics card is so sought after by crypto enthusiasts worldwide that it might actually be difficult to find one right off the bat.

Comments

• ethreaperethreaper Member Posts: 39
    maintaining a relatively high hashing rate is really important for me. where can I find the cheapest option to make so?
  • bigblackbigblack Member Posts: 9
    Perfect GPU Mining
  • asusrigasusrig Member Posts: 141
    hamra said:

Colorful NVIDIA GeForce GTX1070 Graphics Card 8GB 256bit GDDR5 DVI+HD+3*DP 3 Fan On Ebay

The Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 is considered by many to be the best choice when it comes to mining cryptocurrencies. Gamers have already noticed just how good this graphics card can be, and crypto enthusiasts were quick to follow.
    The best quality that this GPU has is that it can maintain a relatively high hashing rate while not using cosmic amounts of power to do so. Usually, GPUs require immense amounts of electricity to feed them, which in turn might empty the miner’s wallet before he even begins noticing any profits from his mining endeavor.

Asus ROG STRIX AMD Radeon RX 580 Top Edition 8GB GDDR5 RGB Graphics Video Card On Ebay

AMD Radeon RX580 is the main competitor for Nvidia’s GTX 1070. Radeon’s hashrate is unnoticeably bit lower than GTX’s, but where it lacks in hashrate, RX580 makes up in price – it is viewed as a cheaper, yet similarly performing an alternative to Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070.
    Same as the GTX, Radeon also keeps a low power usage to maximize potential profits. This graphics card is so sought after by crypto enthusiasts worldwide that it might actually be difficult to find one right off the bat.

The RX580 might be cheaper and performance is close to a 1070 or 1070 ti but it uses about 40 watts more per card. That will add up over time as far as electrical costs go. But it does get the job done. Just not as good all round with other coins besides Ethereum and I believe Monero but have not tested anywhere else.

Who's still mining Ethereum? I am. In December my payout was finally 1 ETH per week which I had hoped for a year ago when I set up all the rigs. That ended up being a wishful goal which just never happened until December 2018. Now the payouts are starting to drop again fast. It is obviously not profitable at all at current USD exchange rates. Prices will have to rise. I do plan on shutting off the rigs when it gets warmer in a few weeks. I don't see anyone mining much unless their energy cost is close to zero. They need to relax the difficulty it is not sustainable.
  • VladExVladEx Member Posts: 50
    What do you think about Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    Core Clock: 1,480MHz | Memory: 11GB GDDR5X | Memory Clock: 11GHz | Power Connectors: 1 x 6-pin; 1 x 8-pin | Power Draw: 250W | Outputs: 3 x DisplayPort 1.4, 1 x HDMI 2.0. I know that it is very expensive compared to other GPU, but if you have funds, why not?
    But your GPU is the best if to take into account the price and characteristics
  • asusrigasusrig Member Posts: 141
    VladEx said:

What do you think about Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    Core Clock: 1,480MHz | Memory: 11GB GDDR5X | Memory Clock: 11GHz | Power Connectors: 1 x 6-pin; 1 x 8-pin | Power Draw: 250W | Outputs: 3 x DisplayPort 1.4, 1 x HDMI 2.0. I know that it is very expensive compared to other GPU, but if you have funds, why not?
    But your GPU is the best if to take into account the price and characteristics

It is good for 54-55 mh/s but uses more power than the 1070 so in the end they are about the same as far as performance / power goes and dollar per hash. It is not really worth it at current prices. I would definitely not buy a card for mining at the moment. Unless you have access to free power and even then it would take a while to make back what you spent unless you needed the card anyways for other work. They really have to relax the difficulty it is not profitable.
  • bigblackbigblack Member Posts: 9
    whats the best graphic card now ethereum ?
  • MokeyMokey Member Posts: 37
    Where it's better to buy GPUs? Managed to find some good deals online but I am always afraid to order stuff online because some quality issues may appear or I can simply just forget to double-check my zip-code on https://worldpostalcode.com/united-states/california/los-angeles and mess it up. But it seems to me that it's quite hard to find some proper hardware in local stores.
  • kaleemmalikkaleemmalik Member Posts: 23
    No doubt it is the best GPU mining... but tell me whether it is secure to buy?????