Blockchain is the New Internet

Technological advancements in the world like smartphones and other gadgets are being easier to accept by people and the masses nowadays. But one thing stays the same: any technology that people do not understand will be harder to accept, especially technical and difficult ones.

In 1999, people all over the world was hearing about this thing called the “Internet” or “WWW” and what the hell was it all about at that time? Connecting to people from all over the world? Nonsense. But it was true. The internet broke through and now we are able to send and receive messages and virtual stuff from people all over the world in a matter of seconds. Today, we are facing another “nonsensical” technology: the blockchain. People might not understand it yet, but blockchain technology is the new internet.

Today, we experience blockchain technology in cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin or Ether, in games like Cryptodice or Cryptokitties and in services like health care and real estate. In the future, blockchain will help all of us in keeping data like we have never imagined. Our government systems could be faster, transactions more secure and record-keeping more organized.

The blockchain is the new internet, and just like how we accepted the internet before and how it is helping us now, we are surely going to learn the same for blockchain.

Comments

• squadussquadus Member Posts: 41
    I love the direction that the Blockchain is headed. Companies are becoming more secure and more innovations in data security have been created over the last few years. I think soon enough we will see applications such as smart contracts and gift cards on blockchain.
  • CryptoDiceCryptoDice Member Posts: 90
    squadus said:

I love the direction that the Blockchain is headed. Companies are becoming more secure and more innovations in data security have been created over the last few years. I think soon enough we will see applications such as smart contracts and gift cards on blockchain.

We agree! The security that the immutability of blockchain brings really have lots of potentials. Thank you for your comment!