Should dig or buy?

Suaing1963Suaing1963 Member Posts: 1
Now should I dig ETH or buy it?
I wonder do not know how better!

Comments

• samjankussamjankus Member Posts: 100
    Buy... It's not worth mining at $0.12/kWH (if that's what you're paying). Margins are shit. If you don't already have the equipment, it's not worth it. The payback time is astronomical.
  • SweetToothSweetTooth Member Posts: 4
    Do yourself a favor and look at the graphs. If you think rationally you will know the answer to your question.
  • asusrigasusrig Member Posts: 141
    samjankus said:

Buy... It's not worth mining at $0.12/kWH (if that's what you're paying). Margins are shit. If you don't already have the equipment, it's not worth it. The payback time is astronomical.

My mining rigs are heating the house. Furnace barely comes on. With the mining rigs shutdown my gas bill would be higher. Yes at the current prices it is a bit of a loss. The difficulty has dropped and I am doing this as an experiment to see how the payouts change accordingly - and they have gone up from about .65 ETH per week to almost 1 ETH per week now. My home office has a gas heater that is very expensive to operate. Or I could use an electric space heater which would heat the space but none of that cost could be recovered. So my home office rig really makes the home office very comfortable when it is cold out and I get paid in ETH as well!