Mining with RTX 2080Ti - 70MH/s

amdforeveramdforever United StatesMember Posts: 5
Source from this listing:
https://bitnand.com/product-page/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080ti-fe

GTX 1080Ti vs RTX 2080Ti
Memory speed: 11Gbps vs 14Gbps (+27%)
Size: 11GB vs 11GB (same)
Interface width: 352-bit vs 352-bit (same)
Memory bandwidth: 484GB/s vs 616GB/s (+27%)

If 1080Ti is mining at 55MH/s with the pill, then we can expect the new gen RTX 2080Ti to get up to 70+ MH/s mining Ethereum. This makes it easily the fastest, or at least on par with TITAN V card... until AMD comes up with new stuff.

Comments

• amdforeveramdforever United StatesMember Posts: 5
    edited September 2018
    Check out www.bitnand.com/shop for more order information!
  • iosmaniosman Member Posts: 5
    I was also looking for this post. i was thinking to mine eth with Mining with RTX 2080Ti - 70MH/s .
  • digimondigimon Member Posts: 43
    Is mining even profitable, if ETH is under $500?
    It costs about $210 now. If you believe it will go up in price, you better just buy a couple of ETH instead of investing into expensive GPUs and wasting electricity for many months to make a couple of ETH:)
  • Ericjh801Ericjh801 Utah, USAMember Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    If you have cheap enough electricity, then it's still profitable if you already have the rigs in place. I for sure wouldn't buy mining equipment right now though. At this point it's cheaper to buy an ASIC ETH miner vs setting up a rig also. My summer rates are just around .09 per KWH at my warehouse. (Residential was closer to .17/.18). Still makes money but not a ton.
  • amdforeveramdforever United StatesMember Posts: 5
    Ericjh801 said:

If you have cheap enough electricity, then it's still profitable if you already have the rigs in place. I for sure wouldn't buy mining equipment right now though. At this point it's cheaper to buy an ASIC ETH miner vs setting up a rig also. My summer rates are just around .09 per KWH at my warehouse. (Residential was closer to .17/.18). Still makes money but not a ton.

Exactly. With low electricity cost, mining ETH is still quite profitable. The monthly income is actually quite decent coming from cards like Nvidia P104 and P102.

If anyone is interested, the dedicated mining card Nvidia P104-100 is available from http://www.bitnand.com. They are the most reputable seller of P-series mining cards.
  • asusrigasusrig Member Posts: 141
    So far the best I have seen from the 2080 ti is 55 mh/s. I am getting 54 mh/s w/ my 1080 ti w/ pill @ 750 mhz mem overclock and 100 mhz GPU OC and power usage set to 58%. I have gotten it up to 55.5 mh/s but that is with a 900-950 mhz mem OC and I don't want to go that high long term.