Wallet Password

Needing some help here. I've just discovered I have some eth in an old address I created when initially playing around with eth mining late last year. I have the key file from the keystore directory (the one beginning UTC) but I can't remember all of the password - it was a six-letter word followed by four numbers. I can remember the word, but not the numbers.

So that's 9999 possibilities, which is obviously not feasible to try out by hand. Is there any tool available to automate this?

Comments

• DaveBitcoinDaveBitcoin Member Posts: 3
    Hi. walletrecoveryservices.com will help you with this. (it looks pretty easy!) We normally charge a fee, but if you have just a few eth, then we will do it pro-bono.
    Cheers
    Dave
  • LeChuckDELeChuckDE Member Posts: 46
    On Windows or Linux ?
    for both i could write you a bruteforce script.
  • aleksaleks Member Posts: 10
    Pass me your wallet in pm with the word that u remember, i can access in it in 1 hour
  • RamtopRamtop Member Posts: 8
    edited July 15
    Resurrecting this old thread to thank DaveBitcoin, who managed to recover the password on my wallet. There was a mix-up that resulted in the lengthy delay.

But of course in that period the value of ETH has gone up from around $11 to $450. So my eth that was worth less then $250 then is now worth more than $9000 :open_mouth:

As I'm the type who always sold coins as they were mined, forgetting my password has turned out to be very, very lucrative :love: