Undervolting Through Hex Editor- SimpleMining

124»

Comments

• XcoderXcoder Member Posts: 35
    @Wolf0 are you willing to share some more info? That would be great. :smiley:
  • dext0rbdext0rb Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2018
    @Xcoder
    From the couple of cards I've looked at, I2C communication is disabled for some reason at the BIOS level.

By writing to /dev/mem, you can control pin states and bang out I2C without any driver.

amdgpu code has the registers.

• XcoderXcoder Member Posts: 35
    dext0rb said:

@Xcoder
    From the couple of cards I've looked at, I2C communication is disabled for some reason at the BIOS level.

Yes, I'm aware about this.
    dext0rb said:

By writing to /dev/mem, you can control pin states and bang out I2C without any driver.

amdgpu code has the registers.

Yes, this is all well understood. But I tried desperately to find the relevant register addresses from the amdgpu code. Can you give me a hint? I just need the registers to control the needed pins. Anything more is already more or less known to me, e.g. how i2c works and how my VR chip works etc.
  • dext0rbdext0rb Member Posts: 2
    get an oscilloscope and probe the bus. fuck with registers until you see something move.

• cnilsecurecnilsecure Member Posts: 4
    @Wolf0 , Can you please give me a good config for sg-miner? with your other tool claymore i am getting 32 mhs per card while with sg-miner i only get 30.5 i know its alot of fine tuning but i would like to understand the basic variable to play with
    thanks for your help:)