Radeon Rx580 8gb

biotekrockybiotekrocky Member Posts: 7
Need help with understanding why 6 of the exact same card (Asus Radeon Strix RX580 8129M Samsung K4G80325FB, 115-D000PIL-100) all run at different hashrates. And how to get them all to 30mh.
All 6 stock were getting 26mh.
I flashed all 6 cards exactly the same using atiflash v2.77 and polaris bios editor.
2 (3, 6) cards sit on 30mh. Card 4 starts on 30 after reboot but then after 1mins drop back to 26-28mh and stay on that.
2 dropped back to 16mh with flashed. So i have flashed back to stock. Cards 1,2,5 sit on 26 and dont move.

(Cards 1 and 4 are stock bios)

Therefore I currently have 2 that are only getting 30mh and 3 that are on 26mh, and 1 that gets between 26-29.
Running 1250mhz core clock
and 2200mhz memory clock

1350mhz core clock

1150mhz core clock

Im currently using Hiveos on a usb.

Im obviously wanting to get 30mh on all 6 cards. But im not sure why 6 identical cards are not performing the same.
Thanks in advance for any assistance!!!

Comments

• Ericjh801Ericjh801 Utah, USAMember Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    You might be getting memory errors on some of the card which effectively lowers the hashrate. I'm used to using hwinfo64 on windows to watch for this, so not sure how ot do that on hiveos. If you move cards around does the hashrate of a card following it regardless of PCI-E slot?
  • biotekrockybiotekrocky Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2018
    This is initial setup

Moved pci-e slots

• JukeboxJukebox Member Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    Drop your memclk to 2150 and check again.
    edited February 2018
    Not sure with pic above since card 1 was getting 30mh in slot 5....

PCI-e connectors left the same spots as above. However have moved the usb connections back into order 1,2,3,4,5,6

Therefor it has ruled out the pci-e connectors.

Core Clock : 1250
    Mem Clock : 2150

As u can see the 2 cards that were getting 30mh has dropped to 29. however card 4 is now getting 29 up from 26.

Still no change to cards 1,2,5. However card 1 and 5 are using stock bios.

edited February 2018
    Flashed cards 1 and 5 again. dropped mem clock to 2150, core clock 1250

If i drop mem clock down to 2100, they all drop to 28mh
    If i up mem clock to 2200, cards 1 and 5 drop below 20mh.

2150 seems to be the sweet spot. I think this is probably the best im going to get out of these cards for now.

Thanks Jukebox!
    Just try to add now +10 MHz to memclock in one step and test again.
  • RedHouseRedHouse Member Posts: 104
    @biotekrocky
    What program are you showing in the images?
    RedHouse: Hiveos

JukeBox - i tried that and it seems i get to 2170 and card 5 drops to 28.

However it appears overnight card 1 and 5 have let me down again.

• iamnoobplzhelpiamnoobplzhelp Member Posts: 239 ✭✭
    There are lots of things that will affect hashrate. Firstly, all cards are different. Even if they are the exact same make/model, they will be different. Voltage / power limit being too low will negatively affect hash rate. I've even noticed that voltages that are too high will negatively impact hash rate.

You just have to play with core/mem clock/voltages/ and power limit until you get the best hash rate you can get. And you have to do this individually with all cards if you want to optimize.

JukeBox - i tried that and it seems i get to 2170 and card 5 drops to 28.

However it appears overnight card 1 and 5 have let me down again.

So just roll back memclocks on that cards.
  • ExpertMinerExpertMiner Member Posts: 14
    I found this in dept guide from some guy on Anorak, how to tune your GPUs for max hashrate and low voltage. It fixed my 580's from 24mh/s to 30mh/s

It's a really big and detail guide, check it out. I'm sure it would help if you go through it.

https://mining.help/
  • asusrigasusrig Member Posts: 141

There are lots of things that will affect hashrate. Firstly, all cards are different. Even if they are the exact same make/model, they will be different. Voltage / power limit being too low will negatively affect hash rate. I've even noticed that voltages that are too high will negatively impact hash rate.

You just have to play with core/mem clock/voltages/ and power limit until you get the best hash rate you can get. And you have to do this individually with all cards if you want to optimize.

My experience with ASUS and Sapphire cards is that they perform virtually identical across the board. All Sapphire cards were flashed with the same BIOS and performance is identical for each of them after installing the beta blockchain driver. Same goes for the ASUS cards, they were all flashed with a BIOS created with Polaris Editor - just loaded the stock BIOS and did the one click patch and then tweaked a few other settings to match the Sapphire modified BIOS.

I don't even bother with the latest driver or compute mode hack in the registry. Just install the beta drivers, run Trixx to set all fans to 50% and start mining with Claymore. They are all at around 31.6 - 31.7 mh/s.

My question to the OP: Why not just mine from Windows 10? Why HiveOS? Here is a screenshot of some of my rigs and you can see the RX580 cards highlighted in yellow. They are all on Windows 10 with Claymore 11. But the earlier versions of Claymore yielded similar performance.

Asusrig

The reason i use hiveos and everything else i have setup. Because everything else i have tried with using win 10 hasnt worked.

I tested with card 1. After putting in my gaming pc was only getting 16mh stock. Then I updated driver to mining driver. Which brought it up to 24mh. Then i flashed bios which then brought up to 27-28mh.
    After that i tried OC with msi afterburner and trixx but everything i was changing didnt have any affect whatsoever on mh outcome. Soon as I went to hiveos and flashed all cards i got 28-30mh.

29.5 is about the best i can get atm on all cards consistantly.

I also like hiveos because i can login from anywhere since its a web browser and oc etc, change setting, walllets, what coins to mine, reboot etc etc. It just looks tidy and works well.

Also i can link to telegram which i get notifications for anytime something happens.
  • asusrigasusrig Member Posts: 141

Asusrig

The reason i use hiveos and everything else i have setup. Because everything else i have tried with using win 10 hasnt worked.

I tested with card 1. After putting in my gaming pc was only getting 16mh stock. Then I updated driver to mining driver. Which brought it up to 24mh. Then i flashed bios which then brought up to 27-28mh.
    After that i tried OC with msi afterburner and trixx but everything i was changing didnt have any affect whatsoever on mh outcome. Soon as I went to hiveos and flashed all cards i got 28-30mh.

29.5 is about the best i can get atm on all cards consistantly.

I also like hiveos because i can login from anywhere since its a web browser and oc etc, change setting, walllets, what coins to mine, reboot etc etc. It just looks tidy and works well.

Also i can link to telegram which i get notifications for anytime something happens.

We have ASUS Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 DUAL-RX580-O8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR5 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Cards and getting 31.6 mh/s. Your BIOS is not modified correctly.

Are you really mining anything other than ETH with your RX580? Because last time I checked that is the most profitable at the moment. I am sure you should be able to get 31.6 on HiveOS as well.