Dual mine with Pascal Coin

RedHouseRedHouse Member Posts: 104
I wanted to try dual mining with Pascal Coin.

Must I register with Poloniex to do so?

Comments

• Ericjh801Ericjh801 Utah, USAMember Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    You just need a pascal wallet. I think you can download their desktop one. Might want to google that one as i'm not sure it's as simple as installing (but maybe it is?) Though sending it to an exchange would probably work okay too like Poloniex/etc. Might be an easier solution.
  • RedHouseRedHouse Member Posts: 104
    I did download the pascal Wallet. Darned if I can figure it out right now.

Besides, when I do get some Pascal, what do I do with it? Shape Shift does not seem to take it and no other exchange I know of does either.
    Don't feel too bad, I downloaded it and played with the wallet and that convinced me to not mine pascal because it wasn't super simple. :) You should be able to send it to an exchange and sell it, then buy whatever else you want.
    Ericjh801 said:

Don't feel too bad, I downloaded it and played with the wallet and that convinced me to not mine pascal because it wasn't super simple. :)

Which secondary coin do you mine and how do you handle it?

I was dual mining decred and sending it to a desktop wallet. I've went back to solo mining ETH only because the last time I figured it out it wasn't worth it. Prices have come back up but i'm going to go ahead and just single mine for now. I also use an ASIC to mine SIACOIN direct to their desktop wallet.
  • rmhrmh Member Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    RedHouse said:

I did download the pascal Wallet. Darned if I can figure it out right now.

Besides, when I do get some Pascal, what do I do with it? Shape Shift does not seem to take it and no other exchange I know of does either.

You need an account, which are created with mining, but if you mine on a pool, the pool gets the accounts. I've heard nanopool give you accounts for X mined PASC.
  • JukeboxJukebox Member Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    At start you need to mine on poloniex wallet or buy an account.

Official wallet can create only your private and public key. Account for accepting and sending money you can buy or receive during mining. Nanopool gives you one account for each 20 PASC mined on nanopool - you need to insert your public key in your nanopool profile settings for that.

I can sell one account for 0.05 eth, step-by-step explanation and miner config included . PM me for that.
  • MadKernelMadKernel Member Posts: 50
    Join PascalCoin at Discord and there is a section where you can get a free PASA account.
  • peshetomanpeshetoman Member Posts: 78
    edited February 2018
    there is no point in pascal .. just try verge if you ask me. or PAScal lite.
    Post edited by peshetoman on
    Thanks for the replies.

there is no point in pascal .. just try verge if you ask me. or PAScal lite.

I have not looked at Pascal in depth as yet but did get to dual mining with Decred.

It is not looking to be worthwhile doing. Just mining ETH the rig uses 976 watts at the wall. When dual mining the wattage increases to about 1225 - an increase of 250 watts. My payout is 0.10 Decred which according to my calculations will take 16 days. The additional electric cost for those 16 days for me will be $14.88. Since 0.10 Decred is $7.50, that would be a loss of $7.38.

I tried playing with the voltage settings but cannot get the rig (5-XFX R9 380x cards) to run stable.
    380x are obsolete, 'cause based on old 28nm chip technology instead of 14 nm on RX 480/580.

Finely tuned rigs on 6*RX 480/580 draw 950-970 W on dual ETH+PASC mining and produce 180 MH ETH + 2 GH PASC hashrate.
    Jukebox said:

380x are obsolete, 'cause based on old 28nm chip technology instead of 14 nm on RX 480/580.

Should I consider selling my 380s?
    edited February 2018
    RedHouse said:

Jukebox said:

Should I consider selling my 380s?
    I sold them in the middle 2016, when RX 480 came to market.
    And also waiting for news about 7 nm AMD cards - estimated on Q4 2018-Q1 2019.
    OK. So far, I have not seen where dual mining will do me any good at this time. Decred, for example, would have to at least double in value for me to just break even.

Please, let me ask this question. If you are single mining, which mining program are you using now.
  • rmhrmh Member Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    RedHouse said:

Please, let me ask this question. If you are single mining, which mining program are you using now.

https://github.com/ethereum-mining/ethminer
    https://github.com/genesismining/sgminer-gm
    I'm still using Claymore but probably going to switch to something else with lower dev fee's.