Claymore Crashes Window at Create GPU Buffer (Z170 MOBO)

davlepdavlep Member Posts: 2
edited February 2018 in Mining
Hello,

I am attempting to use Claymore's Dual Miner V11 to mine Ethereum/XVG. I have also attempted using the ETH only mining mode. Whenever I run the start.bat, my computer hangs and then crashes every single time causing hard boot after this step: "Create GPU Buffer for GPUX" - the GPU has changed to all of them (0-5) through multiple attempts. I have attempted to run the miner with each single GPU (and other 5 disconnected) unsuccessfully. I have tested the miner on my regular desktop and bat file runs without difficulty.

Here are my specs:
x6 XFX Radeon 570 (all 6 cards appear in device manager - DDU successfully run - all changed to compute mode via AMD settings - current software version 18.2.1 adrenalin)
Intel Pentium G4400 Skylake Dual-Core 3.3 GHz
4GB Kingston HyperX FURY Black 2133MHz DDR4 (have also attempted x2 for 8GB without success)
ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII (bios updated via EZ FLASH)
EVGA SuperNOVA 1200W P2 80+ PLATINUM
Silicon Power 60GB SSD (have attempted running this as a third output for the 3 SATA cables each running two of the GPUs and given its own 4th SATA cable)
Windows 10 (installed via bootable UEFI USB)

Bios settings:
DMI max link speed gen 2
PEG PCI link speed gen 2
PCIE confing PCIE speed gen 2
Disabled LED Lighting
Disabled HD Audio
Above 4G Decoding Enabled
Disabled Integrated Graphics (this was necessary for system to recognize 6 GPU)

Windows settings:
Disabled windows firewall/defender/antivirus
Ran Windows 10 Registry tweaks for mining.bat (from mining.help)
Ran Windows update (now disabled)
Have changed virtual memory settings (attempted low end from suggested to 16000 and high end from 20000-24000)

start.bat file:
EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us2.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal WalletNumber.WalletName -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://xvg.eu1.unimining.net:5770 -dwal WalletNumber -dpsw c=XVG -dcoin blake2s
have also attempted to mod -gser and this seemed to slightly delay the crash
have also attempted to mod -lidag and this seemed to slightly delay the crash

Windows logs show this critical error with every crash:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

I'm at my wits end as far as what else to try. Any ideas are appreciated.

Edit: have not changed GPU BIOS or attempted overclocking/undervolting yet.

Comments

• cjclm7cjclm7 Member Posts: 77
    This is what I would change/check:

1. Gen2 all to Gen1
    2. 60GB SSD running Windows 10 and 16GB virtual memory seems to me very short SSD... try with a minimum 128GB SSD
    3. 1200W for 6 RX570 seems short and might crash rig when Claymore starts. Try disconnect 1 or 2 GPU (disconnect both PCIe power cable and Sata). Run again. Does it crash? If yes then you know your 1200W PSU is not enough.
  • davlepdavlep Member Posts: 2
    1) Sorry have tried auto/gen 1/gen 2 unsuccessfully
    2) I have 30GB space before virtual memory
    3) I have tried it with only one GPU TOTAL connected and it crashes
  • cjclm7cjclm7 Member Posts: 77
    davlep said:

1) Sorry have tried auto/gen 1/gen 2 unsuccessfully
    2) I have 30GB space before virtual memory
    3) I have tried it with only one GPU TOTAL connected and it crashes

still I would try transfer that OS to a new SSD (MiniTool Partition Wizard can be useful) or a fresh Windows installation on a higher capacity SSD

4) did you set Claymore Environmental Variables in Windows? How did you do that?
    5) add one extra line (at beginning) of your .bat file: setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100