Mining Eth on Windows?

SirAlanSirAlan Member Posts: 7
Hi guys!

Is there a way to mine Eth on a windows machine? I have never mined a coin before even though i am active in cryptocurrency`s for some time now. Any help perhaps? And is there away to get an Eth addres?

Thanks!
Post edited by StephanTual on

Comments

• MilanMilan San Diego, CAMember Posts: 46
    Here's a link from another thread for how to install on Windows: http://dr-pra.tumblr.com/post/73526554416/build-and-run-the-ethereum-go-client-on-windows

Note that Ethereum hasn't launched yet, hence the giant (and cool-looking) countdown timer at ethereum.org, but launching the above client with the -m flag will at least simulate mining for you.
  • tobentoben Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2014
    There is a simulator up and running here: http://ethereum-miner.tumblr.com/

However what is the next step?
  • StephanTualStephanTual London, EnglandMember, Moderator Posts: 1,282 mod
    Guys, just to clarify, it's the C++ client on linux , available at code.ethereum.org that supports the testnet. There is as of feb1st 1449 gmt no windows, or osx build.

The stuff that's been advertised on the forums by third parties as 'windows client' is a go implementation that the team is working hard at updating.

• MilanMilan San Diego, CAMember Posts: 46
    Noticing this late last night, I tried getting the c++ linux client up on an old computer booting from USB. Couldn't get Ubuntu 13.04 or 13.10 through even the first few steps without errors/problems. Hopefully I can give it another go today...

On 13.04 I couldn't even get past: sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade (going from memory here). The update took maybe 15 minutes, with three "Os Error Detected" popups and finally an exit with errors. (Didn't take note of the specifics, it was late so I just gave up and went to sleep...)

Has anyone had success installing this client on a "temporary" linux install (Live CD, or flashdrive in "Try Ubuntu" mode?

I'm assuming I'll have more luck playing from a full linux install...