Anything we can mine easier to finally convert to ETH?

jang430jang430 Member Posts: 93
Hi. My current mining rig is seeing another downgrade, wherein my mining capacity is less than 1 ETH per month now. I'd like to know if there is any other altcoin we can mine that will allow us to mine more, then convert to ETH, that will yield a higher ETH per month? Whattomine shares the price of other altcoins. But I'm more after what I can mine more, and when converted to ETH, save more ETH. Does this make sense :D? Or Whattomine info is enough? How do I use that data?

Comments

• Ericjh801Ericjh801 Utah, USAMember Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    Whattomine data is enough and it 99% of the time shows ETH is by far the most profitable coin. Sometimes other ones will jump above for a few hours but it's rare and only matters if you've mined them before that time.
  • jang430jang430 Member Posts: 93
    I agree, most of the time, it's ethereum. So does that mean no point mining other coins and shifting it to ether?
  • Ericjh801Ericjh801 Utah, USAMember Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    No point unless you want to try and mine some of the lower valued ones with the hope they shoot higher and then you can exchange for ETH.
    jang430 said:

I agree, most of the time, it's ethereum. So does that mean no point mining other coins and shifting it to ether?

Noted. Thank you for clarifying this.
  • asusrigasusrig Member Posts: 141
    jang430 said:

Hi. My current mining rig is seeing another downgrade, wherein my mining capacity is less than 1 ETH per month now. I'd like to know if there is any other altcoin we can mine that will allow us to mine more, then convert to ETH, that will yield a higher ETH per month? Whattomine shares the price of other altcoins. But I'm more after what I can mine more, and when converted to ETH, save more ETH. Does this make sense :D? Or Whattomine info is enough? How do I use that data?

Depends what kind of cards do you have? The Nvidia cards are really good with the Equihash algorithm which is used for Zcash mining (ZEC). I switched all my 1070 ti, 1070 and 1080 ti cards to mine Zcash the past day or so. Looks like I might be able to mine 1 ZEC per week. The difficulty for ZEC does change from time to time. It can go up or down. But it is not like Ethereum where the difficulty is just constantly rising at the moment.

We have also mined Verge with a 1080 ti rig a few weeks ago and it was very profitable and mining quite a few coins per day. Those coins were mined directly to a Binance account and from there converted to various altcoins.

If you have RX580 cards I would stick with Ethereum mining which I am still doing with all the AMD cards in my rigs. They are not really that great with Zcash and the 1070 cards will almost double their performance. Actually the 1070 cards are also better than the RX580 with Ethereum lol! But not by much. Slightly better hash rates and more power efficient.
    Yes, 1070 is the ae with rx580, except much efficient in power draw. Same 30.x to 31 eth. But I only have 5 gtx 1070, I wonder how much Zec can that achieve?
    jang430 said:

Yes, 1070 is the ae with rx580, except much efficient in power draw. Same 30.x to 31 eth. But I only have 5 gtx 1070, I wonder how much Zec can that achieve?

Your GTX 1070 cards should get close to 480 sol/s with the right settings in Afterburner and the best ZEC miner. I am using Bminer at the moment but there is also DSTM and EWBF that you can look at. Some people think Bminer is the fastest after doing a few tests. But pool luck and difficulty plays a factor in these benchmarks.

Looking on Cryptocompare it is estimated that you can earn around .2 ZEC per week or .88 ZEC per month with five 1070 cards (total of 2.4 kH/s). Of course these numbers are not exact and in reality you would earn maybe a little less ZEC than estimated.
    @asusrig, how were you able to conclude to mine Zec, and convert to altcoins will be more profitable? Furthermore, aren't there a lot of fees negotiated with conversion? Do you still make money after conversion?

Does what to mine give that information?
    jang430 said:

@asusrig, how were you able to conclude to mine Zec, and convert to altcoins will be more profitable? Furthermore, aren't there a lot of fees negotiated with conversion? Do you still make money after conversion?

Does what to mine give that information?

The fees are not that high. I will use shapeshift.io to convert from ZEC to ETH.

I concluded that the Nvidia cards will be more profitable with ZEC after the Ethereum difficulty increase and plugging my ETH and ZEC hash rates into an online calculator. Flypool is estimating close to one ZEC per week now for 21 x 1070 ti, 1 x 1070 and 1 x 1080 ti cards. The 1080 ti cards are beasts when it comes to ZEC mining. My 1080 ti is getting up to 795 sol/s @ 80% power.

Of course I am counting on an exchange of around 2:1 for ZEC vs ETH. If ETH rises a lot more and ZEC falls then the picture will change. I plan on converting the ZEC as soon as I have enough accumulated. I will double check the fees also but I don't think they are significant enough to change the profitability at this point.
    edited February 2018
    My estimated ZEC earnings has jumped to 1.14 ZEC per week after mining more consistently for a day. We had an internet outage two days ago which lasted for 10 hours! (Long story, we have Fiber Internet and the modem would not establish a data connection, tech thinks it was a software update that was the problem)

But since then the estimated ZEC earnings has increased on flypool. I don't mine 24/7 with my 1080 ti card so I think this estimate could be even higher if it was mining constantly.

@asusrig , wow, that's high!
    Hi guys, anything better that works with RX580? End goal is to obtain more ETH. Directly mining ETH seems so difficult right now. Hope there are suggestions.