Low Hashrate on RX 580 and GTX 1080

Lindi91Lindi91 Member Posts: 2
Hey guys, i have some questions. I startet mining a few days ago with 2 Standart gaming PC's.
So the gtx 1080 pc has a hashrate between 20 and 22 mh/s and i didnt touched any Settings so i think its fine.
My other PC has a Radeon RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+ 8 GB. I startet mining and only got about 16-17 MH/s and i was realy confused because i see that you should get 22-23 without OC and Modding the bios. So i flashed the Bios and got about 20 mh/s now but it is still very low compared to other 580is. Can anyone give me some extra tips? Thanks

Comments

• mehranblnmehranbln Member Posts: 3
    Lindi91 said:

Hey guys, i have some questions. I startet mining a few days ago with 2 Standart gaming PC's.
    So the gtx 1080 pc has a hashrate between 20 and 22 mh/s and i didnt touched any Settings so i think its fine.
    My other PC has a Radeon RX 580 Sapphire Nitro+ 8 GB. I startet mining and only got about 16-17 MH/s and i was realy confused because i see that you should get 22-23 without OC and Modding the bios. So i flashed the Bios and got about 20 mh/s now but it is still very low compared to other 580is. Can anyone give me some extra tips? Thanks

I don't have experience with the NVIDIA chipsets. But if you are using Win 10, install the beta blockchain driver Aug version. Out of the box, it should be giving you around 24 MH/s. Mod the bios and it will go up to 27, overclock undervolt, you'll get 30-31 easy.
  • eth_shiftyeth_shifty Member Posts: 52
    Your 1080 should be running much faster than that. I get 22mh/s on win 7 with a crappy hynix memory single fan GTX1060. I'd recommend downloading evga precision x and messing with the mem clock offset and power target. Typically, you can run the mem clock offset at least +750 and the power target somewhere around 70% with rock solid results.

For your 580, you need to uninstall your current AMD settings and drivers, then install the beta blockchain drivers mentioned above. If installed properly, you will see big immediate gains. Then, once you know that is stable, you can install MSI afterburner to snag a few extra mh/s and a bit lower power draw from your cards.

Good luck! I'm pretty much where you are, just running some mining but don't want to mod the bios of my cards. With drivers and clocking utilities, you can go pretty far.