PROBLEM SOLVED: Windows 10 Start Menu not working after installing AMD Crimson driver

NicodemusNicodemus Member Posts: 29
I'm building my first rig, and I've lost 5 precious hours trying to fix this crappy problem. So I want to share with you the solution I've found.

Here is the deal... I've installed Windows 10. Updated it. Installed all motherboard drivers. So far, so good. Next, I've installed the last version of AMD Crimson Driver (Adrenalin Edition 18.1.1 Optional revision) and that's when the problem begin. After installing it and restart, I just couldn't click on start menu anymore (when I clicked, it didnt show). I also couldn't open Microsoft Edge, which was pinned on menubar.

Tried to reset windows, it solved the problem. When I reinstalled the drivers, problem appeared again.

Well... After couple hours of research, I've came across this thread on another forum that said changing some parameter on the Windows register fixed it. Well, it did fix for me as well. So, here is the solution:

1. Open regedit.
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WpnUserService
3. Double click on the value (DWORD): "Start"
4. Change the “Data” to 4 then OK.
5. Reboot

Hope this will help someone to not lose hours of their life trying to fix this windows/amd driver problem. =/

Comments