GPU got incorrect share

bdon22bdon22 Member Posts: 37
I keep getting this error message in Claymore's:
"GPU #3 got incorrect share. If you see this warning often, make sure you did not overclock it too much!"

But rejected shares never goes above 0. Should I worry about this? Is it caused by too high of a memory OC?

Comments

• lablettlablett Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
    I get these from time to time but I don't think it is an issue. Just install HWINFO and check you do not have a large number of GPU memory errors.
  • ecs87ecs87 Dekalb, ILMember Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    Press S. Look at Incorrect ETH shares. That's what it's counting. I guess rejected shares are stale shares? Still a bit unsure about that one.

Yes, it's from too high of a memory OC and/or greedy memory strap timings.

@lablett IMO it's a huge issue. It's almost like having an employee (GPU) who messes up an entire project (shares/blocks) and needs to redo it. We'd rather not have that employee (GPU) mess up in the first place :)
  • Ne0xNe0x Member Posts: 3
    Hi, sorry for necro. I have 5 rx580 shappire nitro+ 4gb with 1500 straps. It gives me about 4 incorrect shares every 3 hours (one each card more or less)

Whats the reason? I should flash 1750 straps or could be undervolt? now have 1150/2050mhz with no errors in hwmonitor.

Thanks
  • iamnoobplzhelpiamnoobplzhelp Member Posts: 239 ✭✭
    Try lowering your clocks. You want to target 0 errors and 0 incorrect shares. If you're getting incorrect shares, lower by memory clock by 10 mhz, restart, look again in 24 hours.
  • Ne0xNe0x Member Posts: 3
    incorrect share is a core clock problem or memory? Thanks
  • VarlicVarlic Member Posts: 7
    I had the same issue... the same card that generated incorrect shares each time. Odd thing is that I had exactly the same model and spec of card running the same BIOS mod with no issues.

After trying a different memory strap using Polaris One Click Timing Patch the error have disappeared for the moment. Oddly, I my rig overall speed has also increased from 135 Mh/s to 138 Mh/s too. Bonus!