building an ether mining rig that will be worth it

abed313abed313 Member Posts: 5
Hello guys,

my question is if i want to build a mining rig that will produce for me 1 ether a day, what kind of power will i need? i mean how many gpu's will i need to get enough power to generate 1 ether a day and is it better to buy a 16gb gpu instead of 8gb will it give double the mining power ?

thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• miningbraminingbra Member Posts: 8
    You cannot be 100% sure about mining exactly 1 ETHER per day. how many ether you'll mine depends on the network difficulty, it depends by the pool too and many other things. The ram does not affect the 'mining power', i have 4gb gpus mining faster than 8gb version of the same graphic card.
    but obviously the difficulty is growing day by day, so... you just have to made your own consideration based on your investment and ROI
  • theonektheonek Member Posts: 94
    sadly, it's not worth it any more... difficulty rises constantly and the price is dropping so much....
    ...and this is a specific statistic statement? In my opinion, if you just try to convince people with just your feels, you're doing something wrong
  • abed313abed313 Member Posts: 5
    thank you for all the info miningbra and rmh, i guess it is not worth it the investment would have to be about a 150k to make 1 ether a day +- . im thinking of making a rig that can make 3-4 ether a month which im guessing is more reasonable investment would be around 20k and roi will be within 7 month.

on the other hand what is the alternative to mining ehter that can make more money in lesser time? zcoin maybe?
  • Ericjh801Ericjh801 Utah, USAMember Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    http://whattomine.com/

Ether is usually the #1 for mining profit. It can flux a little but almost always end up being Ether overall.

As far as investment to do 3-4 ether, probably 25kish based on current video card prices.
    abed313 said:

thank you for all the info miningbra and rmh, i guess it is not worth it the investment would have to be about a 150k to make 1 ether a day +- . im thinking of making a rig that can make 3-4 ether a month which im guessing is more reasonable investment would be around 20k and roi will be within 7 month.

on the other hand what is the alternative to mining ehter that can make more money in lesser time? zcoin maybe?

monero, zcash, or similar cryptocurrencies using ethash algorithm