Having hard time to get a stable Hash. Lost profit :(

goodonegoodone Member Posts: 5
edited January 2018 in Mining
Been trying to fix this for several days but things just going bad. It used to be 2 GPU now added another one. 2x gtx 1060 6gb and gtx 1060 3gb. But not yet able to make it stable. :disappointed: I wished someone enlighten me to fix this problem and help me out :( . I tried claymore, ethminer. But same for both. I am new to mining. Only following guides to setup. All 3 connected using a riser. Reported hash rate 59 total. 23 per 6gb and 13mh per 3gb.

Latest driver.
Using msi afterburner

Comments

• goodonegoodone Member Posts: 5
    Added 1 more GPU now. But still not stable. :(
  • hankzetankhankzetank Sweden Member Posts: 53
    try 125+ core and 600+ memory and powerlimit set to 75% with msi afterburner
    edited January 2018

Hi, :) I will try out these adjustment and will leave my feedback asap.
    Something I should note that, if I increase the core clock then it doesn't make any changes on hash rate. But if I increase Memory clock then it gets more hash rate. Should I decrease core clock below to -300 and save up power and limit powerlimit to 65%?
    Post edited by goodone on
    goodone said:

Something I should note that, if I increase the core clock then it doesn't make any changes on hash rate. But if I increase Memory clock then it gets more hash rate. Should I decrease core clock below to -300 and save up power and limit powerlimit to 65%?
    Dont do that, you need higher core to hold up the memory :smile:
    edited January 2018

goodone said:

Dont do that, you need higher core to hold up the memory :smile:

Hi mate, Here's the report after applying those settings. Something heavily wrong I think. My PSU is Thermaltake 730sps yesterday before adding one more GPU it was using a fixed rate of watt around 340+/- but now I am started to noticing that it consuming an unstable watt. Like jumping up and down. from 250watt to 550watt. Monitoring via Energy Monitor tool. Any help would be appreciate :( why this happening.

GPU:
    1x Zotac Amp edition 1060 3gb : +120Core clock, +600 Memory Clock, 75% Power Limit, 80C temp.
    3x Asus Strix Direc CU OC 1060 6gb : +120Core clock, +600 Memory Clock, 75% Power Limit, 80C temp.

My rig PSU connected in this direction:
    I am running 2 PC using a primary non-brand power cord then connected it to a wifi energy monitor app then from that non-brand power cord I have connected another branded power cored and in that power cored I have added a hardware energy monitor and on that monitor, I have the PSU connected. the reported voltage at the final monitor is same as wall power cord. 210v to 222v. I don't think it because of the volt. As I am running so many appliance and 3 other computer.

Do the cards get hotter? Maybe set the fans manual so you get the temps lower. Cards start throttling if they get to hot. If I remember right each card draws 90W from the wall. Try getting one card working first maybe.

Do the cards get hotter? Maybe set the fans manual so you get the temps lower. Cards start throttling if they get to hot. If I remember right each card draws 90W from the wall. Try getting one card working first maybe.

I have manually set all fan speed to 55c. They are just between 40c to 55c. Not much of hot there. I think it is something to do with the overclock. I now disabled 3gb one and using same 3x 6gb and reported hash rate is stable. Though Calculate hash rate is still doing the wave thing. Up Down. Is it a bad idea to have them set to 85watt each card?