Is it normal when you remote into the mining rig, it affects mining? Experience on 2 rig- stops

jang430jang430 Member Posts: 93
Whenever I try to remote into the rigs, to check if it's working properly, I would usually see it mining OK, until when I leave, it will stop. I have to remote back in, and press spacebar or check status, to get Claymore mining again.

Comments

• theonektheonek Member Posts: 94
    if you use remote desktop, or something like, it may cause this issue. try with teamviewer or like this, would have no problem with miner. Also try different version of claymore...
  • jang430jang430 Member Posts: 93
    Thanks theonek
  • briareosbriareos Member Posts: 6
    hi - I'm very new to mining.

Whenever I try to access remotely via teamviewer and I disconnect, etherminer stops calculating hashes, but loads something like new tasks, but keeps on rotating. When I check nanopool.org I can see that mining did stop, but the etherminer is still running.

what can I do to solve this issue?

thanks
    kind regards
    briareos
  • zirekmzirekm Member Posts: 3
    Anybody with Nanopool payment issue here? My payment (with balance over the minimum payout) in Eth.nanopool.org is being delayed for 20 hours and there's no support/answer to my e-mails, not even any response. Seriously planning to change my pool...
    zirekm said:

Anybody with Nanopool payment issue here? My payment (with balance over the minimum payout) in Eth.nanopool.org is being delayed for 20 hours and there's no support/answer to my e-mails, not even any response. Seriously planning to change my pool...

As I'm very new to mining, I can't say anything about this. It will take me only like 2 more days to be able to make the minimum payout of 0.05 ETH. As soon as I reached it, I'll inform you how it does look like with the payment. I have also some insecurites about this pool.. even they have a great statistics site. Ethermine pool would be my other choice, but let's see how it goes with the payment.
    briareos said:

hi - I'm very new to mining.

Whenever I try to access remotely via teamviewer and I disconnect, etherminer stops calculating hashes, but loads something like new tasks, but keeps on rotating. When I check nanopool.org I can see that mining did stop, but the etherminer is still running.

what can I do to solve this issue?

thanks
    kind regards
    briareos

I've found a solution myself:

If you leave your Mining Rig working and the screen is locked and TeamViewer is running in the background, when you connect afterwards remotely, everything is just fine! You can access it without any issues!
    If you leave it screen unlocked, like you were actually using it, try to connect later on with TeamViewer, it might disturb the mining process & you'll have to restart your rig.
    briareos said:

zirekm said:

Last saturday I got my first payment from nanopool.org and it worked perfectly, very fast payment. But it was only the minimum payout of 0.05 eth.

• asusrigasusrig Member Posts: 141
    What type of CPU / main system memory and on board video do you have?

I use RDP without any problems. But make sure you have a monitor or HDMI dummy plugged into the onboard video card. I also have Tight VNC installed which connects really fast. But RDP has advantages over it. My rigs have 8 GB DDR4 and Dual Core Dual Thread CPUS which helps also. All motherboards are ASUS B250 Mining Expert models.

Using Teamviewer to connect to your rigs means you are going outside your internal lan over the Internet and back into your internal lan to view you local machines - lol! That's so inefficient and wasteful of your bandwidth. Connect to your local machines via local tools lol! If your rigs are at a remote location then sure Teamviewer makes sense. Or you could setup a VPN and still RDP / VNC into them.
  • JuanSeJuanSe MontrealMember Posts: 18
    You can still use RDC even if you're outside of your LAN and leave TeamViewer errors aside.

Select a port (besides 3389) for RDC and change it using Regedit (google is your friend). Open the same port in your Router (DMZ). Setup a DynDNS account and voilà. You can access RDC outside your LAN.
  • asusrigasusrig Member Posts: 141
    JuanSe said:

You can still use RDC even if you're outside of your LAN and leave TeamViewer errors aside.

Select a port (besides 3389) for RDC and change it using Regedit (google is your friend). Open the same port in your Router (DMZ). Setup a DynDNS account and voilà. You can access RDC outside your LAN.

Yes but now you have opened up your firewall and in theory made it easier for a hacker to get into your network and all your files. Having RDP access from outside your LAN is a big security risk. If I had to monitor my rigs from the outside I would setup a VPN connection. This is also a security risk though because some people configure their VPN credentials to save so they don't have to type their password all the time. If this is on a laptop that is lost or stolen somewhere it could be another way for a hacker to get into your network.
  • maxshah912maxshah912 Member Posts: 15
    Its a Teamvewer and Claymote remote management port issues I had same issue now I use google chrome Remote Desktop and it works like charm even on smartphone