Rx470 4gb temp reach 511° while mining

HashfireHashfire Member Posts: 13
Hello I recently started mining and while my one of 5gpu rig facing a weird issue..
My one rx470 4gb temp reach 511° in msi afterburner and claymore can't detect it anymore until I restart the system..
And sometimes claymore freeze whole PC..
*Sorry for bad English*
If anyone know the solution of issue I would be happy..
Thanx
Image:

Comments

  • danyalbmwdanyalbmw Member Posts: 51
    well that's definately a bug in the bios ofsomething, in this tempreture your card will fire up or melt down totally!
    try using it in other mother board and with defult bios
  • HashfireHashfire Member Posts: 13
    edited April 2017
    danyalbmw said:

    well that's definately a bug in the bios ofsomething, in this tempreture your card will fire up or melt down totally!
    try using it in other mother board and with defult bios

    bro so today i tried with another mobo (Z170a Gaming pro Carbon) and after some hours of mining faced same issue..
    its a problem with gpu, maybe my overclocking causing issue.. i will try to run cards on Stock speed and will see..
  • cidmocidmo Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    just google gpu error 511C
    no one really knows what it is as it seems case to case issue
    i have 2 gpus sapphire 470s a 4gb and and 8gb that do this sometimes
    for one i think its a mem controller issue related to running the mem OC on such tight straps
    the other i have no clue it seems to be pure random i used to think it was tied to claymore or DAG building
  • HashfireHashfire Member Posts: 13
    cidmo said:

    just google gpu error 511C
    no one really knows what it is as it seems case to case issue
    i have 2 gpus sapphire 470s a 4gb and and 8gb that do this sometimes
    for one i think its a mem controller issue related to running the mem OC on such tight straps
    the other i have no clue it seems to be pure random i used to think it was tied to claymore or DAG building

    Problem here is once that gpu hit 511 error.. claymore reboot itself and freeze the whole rig down.. while it keep running without making any profit..
    i used -r 1 to reboot and launch restart bat
    but it not works..
    how you deal with your 511 error? does it freeze the rig?
  • cidmocidmo Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    yea that happens to everyone
    like i said google gpu temperature error 511C
    and ull see everything everyone has said about it
    if its ur mem controller the gpu has to fully shut down to reset that
    i gave u only my 2 issues but theres quite a few theories on what it is
    some ppl say its the risers but the gpus that did it for me did it on any riser and did it in the pci-e slot
  • HashfireHashfire Member Posts: 13
    cidmo said:

    yea that happens to everyone
    like i said google gpu temperature error 511C
    and ull see everything everyone has said about it
    if its ur mem controller the gpu has to fully shut down to reset that
    i gave u only my 2 issues but theres quite a few theories on what it is
    some ppl say its the risers but the gpus that did it for me did it on any riser and did it in the pci-e slot

    I am facing another issue now.. My cards run but no image in monitor and don't know what's the cause of it..
    and yes its set to external GPU in bios..
  • MalteBoschMalteBosch Member Posts: 1
    I had the gpu error 511C for 2 days on one AMD card (stock BIOS, RX 470/4 MB) in my Ethos rig, tried everything: changed risers, put card into another rig (where it worked fine), changed PSU etc. etc.
    Than I remembered, that I had activated TEAMVIEWER (starting automatically after booting) at that rig few days before.
    So I deactivated Teamviewer and from that time on the error never came back.

    Maybe this gives a hint in what direction one can look ... ?
Sign In or Register to comment.