Asrock H81 PRO BTC R2.0 mining impossible

laitassoulaitassou Member Posts: 3
Hi,

I recently acquired an Asrock H81 PRO BTC R2.0 board and a radeon RX 570. After windows10 install I was unable to start mining.
I use a rizer to connect mother board to GPU. Windows starts normally but when I start claymore the display becomes blue and windows freezes.

Is there something incorrect in my hardware setup ?

Thank you

Comments

• JukeboxJukebox Member Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    laitassou said:

Hi,

I recently acquired an Asrock H81 PRO BTC R2.0 board and a radeon RX 570. After windows10 install I was unable to start mining.
    I use a rizer to connect mother board to GPU. Windows starts normally but when I start claymore the display becomes blue and windows freezes.

Is there something incorrect in my hardware setup ?

Thank you

Have you tried to read claymore's readme.txt ?
  • headshot155headshot155 Member Posts: 158 ✭✭
    Check your riser is powered properly and make sure your bios has the correct pcie settings
  • laitassoulaitassou Member Posts: 3
    hi,

Thank you for your feedback. For software setup . i have used the script recommanded in ethermine.org and I have another config that works file.

Riser is powered correctly and when I connect hdmi to GPU card I have the display
    The problem happens when I start miner like this
    EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -ewal . -epsw x

I starts downloading DAG file but display freezes when the GPU has to compute.

How to check PCIe settings ?
    In the bios change the pcie speed settings to Gen1, not saying it’s the solution but it made my system more stable. Are you using the onboard graphics? If not then turn that off too. Blue screening is usually overly aggressive clock setting on you gpu
  • laitassoulaitassou Member Posts: 3
    Hi
    I configured the PCIes settings during boot and now the display is managed by Mobo (mother board).
    The driver of MSI RX 570 is installed and GPU is detected . ( I can see parameters in amd display settings).

Now we I start Claymore , It starts by detecting gpu and downwloading DAG file but I get this message

Thread stuck on device driver and windows restarts ( I get blue screen)

Any help
    Thank you
    Just thinking out loud here, have you loaded the DAG patcher? Also, are you using the correct Claymore version - there are ones for different cards, yours should be this one. I ask because when you currently google claymore 10.2 the cryptonote version comes up first, this never used to be the case - you want the dual ethereum version below:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.0

If you have the correct version try playing with the -eres function
  • lablettlablett Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
    ok, let's get some basic information so we can help so can you please provide the following information -
    1. What MS Windows build number are you running ?
    2. What AMD driver are you running ?
    3. Have you modded the bios on the GPU ?
    4. How much memory do you have ?
    5. How much virtual memory have you assigned in MS Windows settings ?
    6. Can you provide your claymore configuration file ?