Gigabyte r9 390 g1-gaming bios mod undervolt for power saving

findermanfinderman Member Posts: 3
I have 6 x gigabyte R9 390 g1-gaming gpu's.

can anyone help me for bios mod guide for achieve 30-33 mh/s speed and undervolt for power saving around 7-7.7 W/ Mh.

Thanks so much

Comments

• Miner8472Miner8472 Member Posts: 109
    Why not just use MSI afterburner? I am not sure how much you can actually reduce the power on these cards although the fact that ethereum mining doesnt use the core will give you some hope. The memory can be overclocked a bit for sure.

You can flash the bios with ATIWinFlash, I have done it many times with that series of card with no problems although people do warn that bios flashing is risky. I have just uploaded bioses other people have written on the whole. You could look at whether your card has a backup hard bios switch which some do. If you mess up a bios flash, you may be able to remove the board from the cooler/heatsink. There may be a switch you can toggle which will give you a fresh bios and a second shot (Which you shouldnt take if you have failed the first time and should just switch to MSI afterburner). Not sure if its on thte gigabyte version though.

The best place to ask about this is overclocking forums although many of the enthusiasts have moved on to VEGA but some still play around with the 300 series. Most people on here wont have 300 series cards and also this forum is not as active as some forums.

Good luck.

p.s. there are also guides to editing these bioses I believe. They are made for overclocking for gaming but you should be able to use it for ethereum mining. Bound to be a few posts knocking around from when the 390 was used for mining.
  • findermanfinderman Member Posts: 3
    I've already tried with MSI Afterburner, it had just reduce a little. I've some sample BIOS with shaphire Nitro. But I don't know what parameter is correct. So I need sample BIOS for Gigabyte R9 390. If any one have sample BIOS, please share with me. Thanks so much.
  • Miner8472Miner8472 Member Posts: 109
    Ask on overclocking forums for 390 and they will write one for you. Be patient, post a number of times if you have to and also post just after the guys that actually write bioses are paying attention to the forums.

Maybe post on a VEGA overclocking forum as many of those people will be AMD enthusiasts and will be willing to help you and will know how to. Guaranteed there will be 300 series owners there who have written many bioses.

There is also a guy or two on this forum who writes AMD bioses I think. Best bet is the overclocking forums.
  • rmhrmh Member Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    finderman said:

I have 6 x gigabyte R9 390 g1-gaming gpu's.

can anyone help me for bios mod guide for achieve 30-33 mh/s speed and undervolt for power saving around 7-7.7 W/ Mh.
    Thanks so much

I think You can't undervolt gigabyte r9 390, because of some hardware voltage lock.
    But you can increase core and memory clocks and modify timing straps for the increased memory clock.
    So 30-33MH/s is possible, but without power saving.