How many rigs can I put in my apartment

perryhshperryhsh Member Posts: 4
Hi guys,

I did search for similar topics and got an idea of how many I could fit - but I was hoping on a more detailed answer based on my circuit safety board:
Below the images

My setup - 3 rigs consisting of:
6x - video - rx 470 msi gaming 8gb
1x - proc - intel celeron g3900 sky lake
1x - motherboard - Asrock h81 pro btc
1x - Ssd - corsair 60gb
1x - 1200W PSU

the power in my house:
230V

is it safe to put 3 rigs in my apartment? if yes how many more can i fit in? :)

Thank you for your answers - if you need more details please ask.

Comments

• hankzetankhankzetank Sweden Member Posts: 53
    edited November 2017
    16Amps is 3680W, assuming you have 3 phases to your house and they are 16Amps you could load 3680W times 3. But I would load maybe 10Amps per fuse so you can use the dishwasher, stove and so on :) so around 2300W times 3. 1 one rig with 6 cards dualmining uses 1000W for me. So 2 rigs per phase, 6rigs in total :)
    If you know you have anything Watt thirsty like 2000W, like waterboiler or what they are called, just connect 1 rig to that phase,
  • xxzhngxxzhng Member Posts: 8
    I would like to add that you should follow the 80% rule. In addition, I highly doubt that this person has three phase power for his apartment. Please note the following formula for total wattage

Wattage = Volt * Amp * Sqrt(number of power phases)

Also please note just because the breaker says x amps does not mean you have x amount of amps. Although your main breaker says 40 double check with your electrician to verify how much power you have.
  • perryhshperryhsh Member Posts: 4
    Hi guys,

Thank you for your help.

I do not have three phase power for my apartment.
    Main breaker indeed has 40A - double checked with my electrician.

If you know you have anything Watt thirsty like 2000W, like waterboiler or what they are called, just connect 1 rig to that phase,

by phase you mean: "Separate circuit that i can connect or disconnect using the small levers in my circuit board?"

@xxzhng
    Thank you for sharing the formula and the 80% rule - will take it into account.

• hankzetankhankzetank Sweden Member Posts: 53
    edited November 2017

by phase you mean: "Separate circuit that i can connect or disconnect using the small levers in my circuit board?"

Yes
    .40amps should cover some rigs to :) 40A*230= 9200W*0.8= 7360W then split them among the 10A(2300W*0,8=1840W)/16A(3680W*0,8=2944W) fuses
    I my house I just have 3phase 16Amps because we have district heating. So I have to turn off one of the main circuit to see what outlets uses phase 1 (L1), phase 2 and phase 3.
  • xxzhngxxzhng Member Posts: 8
    No. Phases are wires that deliver power to your breaker. For single phase I believe it is A wire, Neutral and ground. For three phase it is A wire, B wire, C wire, and neutral or ground. I may be wrong but if you live in United States there is a 99% chance that you have a single phase power.
    Ok thanks guys for the useful info! Will make sure I look into this phase info a bit more with my electrician before i plug in my rigs! thanks guys really useful!
    one more question - what would happen if i plug more in that i supposed to? I am assuming that normally the circuit safety breaks should cut the power right?
  • Dan_NolaDan_Nola Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2017
    sorry accident deleted.