RX 580 Hashrate

Comments

• TonyHydeTonyHyde UKMember Posts: 33
    edited October 2017
    I use the RX580 armor 8g OC and get 30 per card...

i use a custom bios and these setting in EthOS..

core 1200
    mem 1250
    powertune 4
    corevolt 0.930

Hinix memory ! stable and efficient power usage.

My custom rack and rigs are here : http://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/14925/how-to-build-the-rack-mount-style-open-air-rigs#latest

• bgertobgerto Member Posts: 3
    MSI Gaming x 4gb elpida RX580
    30.2 MH/s 98w power
  • fpcorefpcore Member Posts: 15
    How can you get to 98w? I'm arround 115w
  • bgertobgerto Member Posts: 3
    fpcore said:

How can you get to 98w? I'm arround 115w

now i have 92.5W just use this clockes in msi afterburner
    not touch

edited October 2017
    Using the exact same settings, I have 108W per card, but my hash rates drops to 26
    using the exact same settings i have 108W, but my hash rate drops to 26
  • nstefinstefi Member Posts: 3

nstefi said:

I don't understand how you guys can reach up to 29-30 mh/s with this card.
    I have a fast custom built PC, the motherboard is ASUS Maximus VIII Hero, and I bought a graphics card MSI Radeon RX580, and tried out mining with Claymore miner on nanopool.org (dual mining ETH with SIA), but the command line tool shows only up to 20.5 mh/s max. Usually is 17, 18 or 19, sometimes 20.
    I already modded the BIOS too, but I didn't see much difference.
    Or is it because my miner runs on Windows 10 Pro 64bit, and maybe you guys running on a small Linux OS?

what clock settings do you have for your card?
    Also, what memory does it have?
    Thanks greatauror28 for your response. Sorry, I thought I would get an email when someone replies.
    When it's mining, MSI Afterburner shows about 1250 MHz for GPU clock, but it oscillates a lot between 1100 and 1300, and the memory clock is steady 2000 MHz. How can I find out what memories does the graphics card have?
    Thanks.
  • nstefinstefi Member Posts: 3
    Also in last few days I get disconnected from nanopool. It happens very frequently, then later it reconnects. Does anyone have the same problem?

It happens eventually. Looks like its the problem is on the pool.
    I tried to update my drivers to v 17.11.1 and afterburner 4.4 today, afterburner stopped working and my rash rate dropped to 24, then I had to roll back to the previous beta version and afterburner 4.3, it got even worst, my gpus were locked to 300Mhz and rash rates dropped to 4??? I tried to reboot and change configurations on afterburner but nothing worked. Them I re-installed the 4.4 version and after another reboot, my GPUs started to rash at 31.2Mhs??? I don't know exactly why, but they seem to be stable. I even reduced the clock from 1320 to 1200 and no drop on performance...
  • ecs87ecs87 Dekalb, ILMember Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    I dunno why you guys are using extreme core clock speeds. You aren't playing dx12 games...you're only generating a ton of extra heat, while mining, for no reason.
    what clock speed do you use?
    For the most part it's around 1140. This varies widely with mem clocks. The higher the mem clock, the higher the core clock speed needed. At a certain point there's diminishing returns where you're using more core clock (wattage) than it's worth.
  • techtottechtot Member Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    What is the average draw at the wall (not in GPU-Z) for a 570/580 ? Is it around 150?
  • kharlosminerkharlosminer Member Posts: 2
    After so much ensallo and erros here I leave a print where the result is appreciated using a RX 580 XFX BLACKCORE EDITION 8 GB
  • greatauror28greatauror28 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    8x Sapphire Nitro+ Rx580 4gb Elpida
    Biostar BTC Pro
    Twin 850w G3 Gold

• kharlosminerkharlosminer Member Posts: 2
    What I do not understand is because one of the cards has less hashrate than the others? If someone knows how to do so that everyone is with the same value please tell me what to do.
    techtot said:

What is the average draw at the wall (not in GPU-Z) for a 570/580 ? Is it around 150?

If you tune them correctly then yes, around 150w.
  • benjiaminidbenjiaminid Member Posts: 1
    Hi. I have 4 x XFX 580 8GB running for a couple of days now, I tried a bunch of ROMs and settings, but I can't get them pass 27.xx, but I see that many has succeeded to keep them at 30.xx, if there is someone with better perf and can share what ROM/settings is using, I would much appreciate.

Thanks.
  • Fish_minerFish_miner Member Posts: 29
    edited December 2017
    Hi !
    Got 8x Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 4Gb with Elpida memory .
    Maybi anybody somebody can help me .
    Yesterday was trying to get this 30Mh/s and stuck up with 22 :D
    I moded bios with polaris ,(Bios switch is in right position ) i was change timing 1500 copy to 1625 ,and 1750 to 2000 . I got new drivers from AMD special for BlockChain: Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Blockchain Compute Driver Version 17.30.1029 ,MSI afterburner dont works for this drivers ,but i can use TRIXX . Any sugestion ?
    Never mind ,just understand that timing strap 1500 need to copy for 1625,1750,2000 same .
    Will take a look and post results :smiley:

Now i only get 25.5Mh/s ;(
    Post edited by Fish_miner on
  • BestRacecarNABestRacecarNA Member Posts: 1
    Hey guys, I am a beginner at mining and have a few questions.

I bought two MSI Armor RX 580 OC cards with the intent of mining on the side. Previously I had been mining getting around 26 Mh/s with my r9 290 unmodded, with free electricity. My new card (i only have power cable for the one) is getting 18.1 Mh/s. I am running the latest of Claymore's Dual Ether Miner with Ethermine.org and was wondering if there is any way that I can increase the hashrate without voiding the warranty, and also without affecting gaming performance as I plan to stop it for a few hours a day to play some games.
  • JaimepeJaimepe Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2017
    Good guys I have a msi rx 580 gamin x 8gb samsung memory and only I give 22 mh / s some bios mod that allow me to reach 30 mh / s thanks

my rom original msi rx gaming x 8gb memory samsung

https://mega.nz/#!E8owiICI
    Post edited by Jaimepe on
  • PaRaN0iDPaRaN0iD Member Posts: 4
    Hallo all! Thank you all the information out here. Helps alot. I starten testing my game pc to mine eth with claymore. Got a gigabyte gaming rx580 8gb . Out of the box it does around 19mh/S . So i did the overclock with afterburner.

That gives me 1355/2250 at 107watts and 21 mh/S

Then i did the bios flash of the card setting the 1750 timing into the 2000 one. Restart en now i only get 23,6mh/S ?? Thats kind of weird right ? Also when i slide down the mVolts nothing happens to it, it sticks on 1130mV only when i slide down the slider below it wil set the core clock down en temps but i lose mh/S straight away ? Anyone got a idea ?
  • greatauror28greatauror28 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi !
    Got 8x Sapphire Nitro+ RX580 4Gb with Elpida memory .
    Maybi anybody somebody can help me .
    Yesterday was trying to get this 30Mh/s and stuck up with 22 :D
    I moded bios with polaris ,(Bios switch is in right position ) i was change timing 1500 copy to 1625 ,and 1750 to 2000 . I got new drivers from AMD special for BlockChain: Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Blockchain Compute Driver Version 17.30.1029 ,MSI afterburner dont works for this drivers ,but i can use TRIXX . Any sugestion ?
    Never mind ,just understand that timing strap 1500 need to copy for 1625,1750,2000 same .
    Will take a look and post results :smiley:

Now i only get 25.5Mh/s ;(

Google elpida timing strap.
    If you're not confident doing your own bios mod, PM me and we'll work something out.

Could it Be because of the DAG that the rx580's cant get 30mh/s. Anymore ?? Was planning on getting 6 rx580's but if they Will Just so 24ish i'd rather take the 1060's ? Because theae run cooler ?
  • caropreson78caropreson78 Member Posts: 6
    Hello all, PLEASE HELP!

I have been searching for 3 weeks now trying to solve 2 issues, im really hoping someone here can help....
    i find all sorts of post on
    rx580s with 8GB of samsung &
    rx580s with 4GB of hynix,
    no help for my rx580 samsung 4GB,

i have 6 MSI RX 580 armor OC 4GB
    4 have Hynix
    2 have Samsung

running claymore's solo miningon ethermine.org
    windows 10
    biostar 250 btc
    4gb ram
    2 corsair rm850x

i have somewhat successfully bios modded the 4 hynix to get 27-28 Mh/s ......not bad
    however i have been unable to improve the stock 24-25 MH/s of the samsungs....

hynix:

i copied the 2:1500 straps to all above and it worked great (current setup)
    when i read i was supposed to copy the 1:1500 strap up as well i did, and lossed all gains, went back to just the 2:1500 copied to the higher straps....

Samsung:

i have tried 2:1500 copied to all above straps---- no change
    tried 1:1500 and 2:1500 copied to all above straps --- no change but card ran 5 degrees hotter,
    back to stock rom and 24.5 Mh/s

any advise would be greatly appreciated! and you may even get added to my christmas list!
    thanks nick

ps. my 2nd issue was afterburner related, i was able to modify core voltage until i did bios mods, and patched drivers with atikmdag now i am unable to unlock voltage controls in MSI Afterburner, and yes i have tried checking the boxes in settings and opening the cfg file to edit the ELUA agreement with no luck ....

Happy holidays to all,
    may your hash be high, and your watts be low!!!
  • caropreson78caropreson78 Member Posts: 6
    here are my screen shots let me know if you need the gpu z shots, thanks again!!!

Ok , i got my Gigabyte RX580 pumped to 31.5 mh/s , i installed the Adrenalin driver and got 27mh/s then i did hte bios mod again and bam 31.5 mh/s

Then i tryed to get the voltage down. Set the power en temp limit to -25 en 65degrees , the voltage was 937mV , pretty steady. with the Core voltage slider to -200. Guess i didnt save the setting. When i restarted the pc and got the same settings in and presses the activate settings button . BAM black screen and had to restart/reset system.

Its weird also, when i had the power not notched down it was doing 29mh/s and when i put it down more the hashes went up ? Its also weird i have the core clock settings to max 1150 but the clock en voltage is switching anywhere between 1120 and 1200 . How can it go higher than my preset? Voltage also is on 1029mV and when its close to the max temp it goes down to 876mV ?

How come its not stable ? Do i need to notch down the max power en temp more ?
  • hadiirawanhadiirawan Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2017
    i want to ask, I just try mining ethereum with Claymore's Dual Ethereum + Decred_Siacoin_Lbry_Pascal AMD + NVIDIA GPU Miner v10.2 software, using vga msi rx 580 gaming x 8 gb (Hynix memory) and msi gtx 1060 6gb.
    well I want to ask
    when mining is without oc, the acquired hashrate msi rx 580 ----> 18.350 mh / s and for msi gtx 1060 ----> 19.328 mh / s.
    when oc hashrate obtained msi rx 580 ----> 18.355 mh / s and for msi gtx 1060 ----> 22.655 mh / s
    how to make msi rx 850 can be overclocked so that hashrate can increase?
    i've tried overclocking msi rx 580 gaming x 8g using msiafterburner and wattman but no change at all
  • ThisIsMThisIsM Member Posts: 4
    Hi guys. Yesterday I connected my first rig for the first time. I have 5x rx580 armor cards (managed to make 4 of them work, I'll set up the fifth on monday).
    Stock hashrate on all cards is 22.5 (hynix memory)
    I read all of your comments so I'll try to get the most out of them, just wanted to ask for a rough guess, what numbers should I hope for with the configs posted around this thread?
    I am wishing for 30MH/s per card, is that realistic if stock is 22.5?