Literally no way to control cards in 17.10.2?

wirelessnet2wirelessnet2 Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in Mining
Is there literally no way to control RX 480s on the 17.10.2 driver
Afterburner beta 16 no longer works for me, and beta 19 also doesn't work
Watttool doesn't work
Some guy made a broken watttool alternative that also doesn't work
Wattman sucks actual ass and my power consumption is insanely high on this driver
On the block chain driver I was running 8 RX 480s at 227 MH/s at 1050w from the wall and now it's pulling 1400 watts
What the actual fuck is this driver
I'm getting pissed at AMD for breaking the control softwares like literally every driver
I'll try overdriventool but

Comments

• ecs87ecs87 Dekalb, ILMember Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    Lmao. I'm the "guy who made a broken wattool alternative".

When did you think that AMD drivers would get better before they got worse? I submitted a ticket to them two or three months ago DIRECTLY explaining what the issue was concerning voltage control. Did they ever fix it? Hell no.

Either they don't want us to be able to control voltages (probably because of RMA reasons) or they literally have no clue what they're doing with their drivers.

I'm still running 17.5.2 on my rigs. Zero issues (other than not having the DAG fix, which isn't much of an issue for me).
  • wirelessnet2wirelessnet2 Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    @ecs87 lol yeah well I tried 17.10.2 just because I wanted the personal satisfaction of seeing 12 GPUs under one machine
    Looks like that's not happening
    Afterburner literally just shows 0 for everything
    Well, I just tried out 17.10.3 and everything shows up fine, and tuning works...for the core. Memory resets back to default voltage and clock after I try modifying it. AMD's driver dev team strikes again, 1 step forward 15 steps back (ohai we increased Destiny 2 performance...but we neglected to fix Overwatch crashes that have been happening for months).
  • JukeboxJukebox Member Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    Try MSI AB 4.4.0 beta 21, guys.

http://download-eu2.guru3d.com/afterburner/[Guru3D]-MSIAfterburnerSetup440Beta21.zip

Changes list includes:

· Minimum voltage offset has been extended to -200mV for AMD Fiji and Ellesmere GPU families
    · Improved drag and drop implementation for the list of active hardware monitoring graphs. Now it is possible to drag and drop items below the bottom edge of the list to move the graphs to the end of the list
    · Improved multiple selection functionality in monitoring properties:
    · When multiple graphs are selected you may press + inside group name edit field to apply group name changes synchronically to all selected graphs
    · Now “Override graph name” and “Override group name” checkboxes are also affected by multiple selection functionality, so you may hold when toggling those options to toggle it synchronically for all graphs or hold when toggling those options to toggle it synchronically for all selected graphs
    · Now group names support macro definitions (the same as prolog/epilog in OSD layout editor), so for example you may override group name for GPU temperature and set it to %GPU% to utomatically display your GPU name as a group name in OSD
    · Added %GPU1%..%GPU8% and %FullGPU1%..%FullGPU8% macro names support for mGPU systems
    · Now alarm zone is visualized on monitoring graph instead of displaying just the threshold. This simplifies visual identification of min/max thresholds
    · Now you can define closed alarm range if specified maximum alarm threshold is less than minimum
  • jsanzspjsanzsp Member Posts: 195 ✭✭
    Jukebox said:

Try MSI AB 4.4.0 beta 21, guys.

http://download-eu2.guru3d.com/afterburner/[Guru3D]-MSIAfterburnerSetup440Beta21.zip

Changes list includes:

· Minimum voltage offset has been extended to -200mV for AMD Fiji and Ellesmere GPU families
    · Improved drag and drop implementation for the list of active hardware monitoring graphs. Now it is possible to drag and drop items below the bottom edge of the list to move the graphs to the end of the list
    · Improved multiple selection functionality in monitoring properties:
    · When multiple graphs are selected you may press + inside group name edit field to apply group name changes synchronically to all selected graphs
    · Now “Override graph name” and “Override group name” checkboxes are also affected by multiple selection functionality, so you may hold when toggling those options to toggle it synchronically for all graphs or hold when toggling those options to toggle it synchronically for all selected graphs
    · Now group names support macro definitions (the same as prolog/epilog in OSD layout editor), so for example you may override group name for GPU temperature and set it to %GPU% to utomatically display your GPU name as a group name in OSD
    · Added %GPU1%..%GPU8% and %FullGPU1%..%FullGPU8% macro names support for mGPU systems
    · Now alarm zone is visualized on monitoring graph instead of displaying just the threshold. This simplifies visual identification of min/max thresholds
    · Now you can define closed alarm range if specified maximum alarm threshold is less than minimum

maybe its the solution, Im in the same problem whit 17.10.2, return to blockchain drivers, I will not use 12 gpu rig
    Afterburner changes voltages over the i2c. I was looking for a way to do it through the ADL SDK which AMD has been fudging with significantly recently.