<

>
hide You are viewing an archived web page, collected at the request of Ethereum Foundation using Archive-It. This page was captured on 15:59:22 May 05, 2021 , and is part of the Community collection. The information on this web page may be out of date. See All versions of this archived page. Loading media information

Noone has any idea how to fix sync problem????

Been trying to sync for 3 weeks now and it never completes tried everything i can find to fix it but to no avail. any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• danxdanx californiaMember Posts: 145 ✭✭
    First question, why are you trying to sync? Starting a pool or solo mining? Those are the only real reasons to use it.

What do you mean by it never completes? Do you get a message? What command line are you using to sync with? What OS/internet speed/computer specs?
  • stevea32stevea32 Member Posts: 3
    it stalls about 60 blocks before it completely syncs. drops peers constantly and says import new state entries
    i have some equipment im just gonna let solo.windows 10, 300mb/s i7, 16 gb ram "C:\Program Files\Geth\geth.exe" --rpc --fast --cache=3072 --maxpeers=1500
    the errors on the geth attach window is where i restarted geth

https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/30041008/28011363-aab4e8f6-6527-11e7-9f13-1e8934cbda00.png
  • danxdanx californiaMember Posts: 145 ✭✭
    For one your max peers is way too high, set it to like 50. And your computer specs don't matter for mining, only your GPU. If you're running just one video card, an average gaming card or even a top of the line gaming card it will take you around 6 months to mine a block. But that's all up to you, I just want to help you get geth synced.

Try dropping the peers down to around 50 and see if that doesn't resolve your issue.
  • oreodadey1oreodadey1 Member Posts: 2
    @danx can you help with mist ether wallet sync issues? If so , I can pay for a fix. I have been stuck on blocks for 7 days now. Tired lite client also.
  • kornholiokornholio Member Posts: 11
    Yes, I saw this post are a few days older. I think there´s no need to ask for which reason the chain wanted to be synced. By the way, these aren´t the only reasons.

It´s ridiculous that it takes that long. That must not be!
    I understand it for bitcoin - It was the first big coin. But starting was a few years ago...