Claymore's miner ETH fee removed (Win 64bit only)

PleskacPleskac Member Posts: 16
edited October 2017 in Mining
Hello everybody. I would like to share with you my program that will help you get more ETH with Claymore miner.

Now back to Claymore..

**Features:**
-Removes fees from miner hence improves your hashrate
-Autorestart when miner dies
-Autokill other miners which could be blocking your miner

**Limitations:**
-Works only for ethermine.org and nanopool.org
-Works only on Windows 64bit
-Works only on Claymore 10.0
-You won't get all fees

The "ethical" issue of this thing..
If you have problem with this and you think this modification is not ethical. I have to say if Claymore didn't make milions dollars monthly of your 1-2% fees I would have agreed but in this case NO I don't think this is problem.
I doubt he could even notice! Why? Well I left a debug feature for people just like you this feature shows Claymore's wallets and show them in your miner console. So you can check his wallets and see for yourself how many bitcoins he make daily.
He has many wallets on many pools here is just one of them there is maybe 30+ of these you can look them up yourself. https://etherscan.io/address/0xc1c427cd8e6b7ee3b5f30c2e1d3f3c5536ec16f5

**FAQ:**

**1. Is it scam? virus?**
No. You can upload the exe to virustotal.com yourself its clean.

**2. How does it works?**
This program starts miner process and monitor it. Precisely it monitors wallets on which fees are sent.
You can set your startup arguments as well as your payout wallet for fees in config file there is no need for .bat files or other scripts.

**3. How to use it?**
Place this exe into same folder where you have Claymore miner and run it. It will create a default config for first run so you can test immediately and see if it works. Let it run for 15 minutes and wait for first dev fee.

**4. How do I know it works?**
Best way to use it is to use same wallet for normal mining and for fees but set a worker fo your standard payout as for fees you cant set a worker it has to be "default" or "x" worker.
Simply when your miner starts mining fee and find a share you should see on your pool stats "default" or "x" worker submited x amount of shares.

**5. Why did you do this?**
I made it for my own use because I wanted to try if its possible or how hard it would be. It turned out to be doable so I did it and used it for few days myself and then I decided I would share it.
I have rewrote it to make it useable for all users and make their mining easier. I have added about 60% code to check for stupid things users may do and much better error handling to ensure your mining will be absolutely flawless.

**6. You wont get all fees?!**
Yes you won't get everything initially. I wanted to sell this program first for little donation but over time it started to look like a worse idea. The main issue was that noone want to buy some random program which claims to do xy.
It would mean that I would have to personally persuade each person to send me a little donation and thats simply not worth those 5-10 dollars I initally wanted. Not at all. So I would take some of these developer fees which you wouldn't get anyway.

**7. So what do you get?**
You will get more the longer you mine. Here is small table with what I get.
Basically to be honest I want just a little something I dont want to rob you especially if you like this program I want you to use it and profit from it most so in the end I would get one session daily that is 36/72 seconds based on what you mine.

Mine < 2 days = each 5th fee session is on me.
Mine > 2 days = each 10th fee session is on me.
Mine > 6 days = each 15th fee session is on me.
Mine > 13 days = each 20th fee session is on me.

This program show you in real time how many fees were saved and how much time it saved you.
Now its good time to ask how much mining time you actually lose to Claymore when using it.

When you mine just ETH you lose 36*24/60 = 14.4mim (daily)
When you dual mine you lose 72*24/60 = 28.8mim (daily)

For fist day of using you should get atleast additional 12.5min when mining just ETH and 25min when dual mining.
NOTE: These numbers are not accurate they are an estimate it yould be off -+10% I chose this values for better readability.

**8. Where can I get it?**

Link: https://mega.nz/#!hlMnQZAS!sx2csiozX3uRlsfpsxU45OfUqCWR6bNYE1Ni9QvD_fQ

VirusTotal: https://www.virustotal.com/#/file/0221b376bd67486abe4a2cd20008327a3077723e384d86b7e16560f830020023/detection

You can donate me with any amount of ETH if you like my powerplay mods or this program I would appreciate it very much! Thank you!
ETH: 0x951B737cc259f5d05286183b75eF8C544B4c3772

If you have any questions just ask..
Post edited by Pleskac on

Comments

• kentankentan Member Posts: 85
    edited October 2017
    According to claymore's FAQ

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.0

"This miner is free-to-use, however, current developer fee is 1% for Ethereum-only mining mode (-mode 1) and 2% for dual mining mode (-mode 0), every hour the miner mines for 36 or 72 seconds for developer.
    Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal is mined without developer fee.
    If you don't agree with the dev fee - don't use this miner, or use "-nofee" option.
    Attempts to cheat and remove dev fee will cause a bit slower mining speed (same as "-nofee 1") though miner will show same hashrate.
    Miner cannot just stop if cheat is detected because creators of cheats would know that the cheat does not work and they would find new tricks. If miner does not show any errors or slowdowns, they are happy."

How can you guarantee that Claymore hasn't detected your program and secretly activated the 'no fee' option. If you cannot guarantee it, then people who use yr program may be worse off.

1. Claymore will be mining at slower 'no fee' speed PLUS
    2. Have to pay yr fee.
  • PleskacPleskac Member Posts: 16
    edited October 2017
    Hi the fee is "payed" and all checks in claymore miner are fulfilled because the developer fee is mined but the fee is redirected to different wallet so speed is not reduced because -nofee arg is not used.
    You can easily check it yourself when you use it. Your reported hashrate will not drop and your effective hashrate will not drop either. A completely different worker with additional hashrate will popup and that is the only difference you will see.
    kentan said:

According to claymore's FAQ

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.0

"This miner is free-to-use, however, current developer fee is 1% for Ethereum-only mining mode (-mode 1) and 2% for dual mining mode (-mode 0), every hour the miner mines for 36 or 72 seconds for developer.
    Decred/Siacoin/Lbry/Pascal is mined without developer fee.
    If you don't agree with the dev fee - don't use this miner, or use "-nofee" option.
    Attempts to cheat and remove dev fee will cause a bit slower mining speed (same as "-nofee 1") though miner will show same hashrate.
    Miner cannot just stop if cheat is detected because creators of cheats would know that the cheat does not work and they would find new tricks. If miner does not show any errors or slowdowns, they are happy."

How can you guarantee that Claymore hasn't detected your program and secretly activated the 'no fee' option. If you cannot guarantee it, then people who use yr program may be worse off.

1. Claymore will be mining at slower 'no fee' speed PLUS
    2. Have to pay yr fee.

You can see how it looks like in this video where I livestream my mining for 11hours using this program.
  • itsmesriETHitsmesriETH Member Posts: 26
    Right now I am using Claymore 9.8 - noFee v1.0.5. Can I use your exe at same location? I have lot of hashrate ups and downs. Not consistency. Please let me know how to use this and steps.
    edited October 2017

Right now I am using Claymore 9.8 - noFee v1.0.5. Can I use your exe at same location? I have lot of hashrate ups and downs. Not consistency. Please let me know how to use this and steps.

Hi this work only with Claymore 10.0. You can download it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.0
    Then you need to download the exe : https://mega.nz/#!hlMnQZAS!sx2csiozX3uRlsfpsxU45OfUqCWR6bNYE1Ni9QvD_fQ
    and put it in the same folder where you have your miner EthDcrMiner64.exe. Then you start ClaymoreNoFee and it will create config file ClaymoreNoFee.ini in same folder. Close the application open and modify config with your startup arguments and thats all. Then run it again...
    Pleskac said:

Hi this work only with Claymore 10.0. You can download it here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1433925.0
    Then you need to download the exe : https://mega.nz/#!hlMnQZAS!sx2csiozX3uRlsfpsxU45OfUqCWR6bNYE1Ni9QvD_fQ
    and put it in the same folder where you have your miner EthDcrMiner64.exe. Then you start ClaymoreNoFee and it will create config file ClaymoreNoFee.ini in same folder. Close the application open and modify config with your startup arguments and thats all. Then run it again...

Will it support dual mining also? right now I am mining ETH + DCR.
    edited October 2017
    Yes ofcourse just edit your StartupArguments in the config you can add anything you are used to. What is in the config is just an example.. add -dcoin dcr or simply copy whatever you had in your previous config. Only limitation is that you must mine eth on ethermine.org or nanopool.org.
  • kentankentan Member Posts: 85
    edited October 2017
    Thanks for yr lengthy explanation but according to claymore's faq, the miner will secretly activate the no fee option and not stop or report a drop in hashrate hence you will not be able to tell if the miner has detected yr program or not. The only way to check if your program truly works is to run two same rigs with the same hash power on the same pool and on one of the rigs, activate your program with other just running claymore as per normal. Check yr effective (not reported) hashrate from both rigs. If they are around the same, then yr program works. If the one with yr program activated is lower, then claymore no fee option had kicked in
    edited October 2017
    I think anybody can just compare their effective hashrate (shares accepted by pool) before and after. If its not lower everything work alright and nofee is not triggered. I dont have 2 rigs so I cant compare it the way you want it.
  • Wolf0Wolf0 Member Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    LOL - virustotal says it's clean, so totally not malware! I mean, not saying it IS - but virustotal means nothing at all. I find it amusing also that all these NoFee hacks are just that - cheap hacks. At least do a *little bit* of work and RE it enough to patch out the fee, or whatever you like...
    edited October 2017
    Wolf0 said:

LOL - virustotal says it's clean, so totally not malware! I mean, not saying it IS - but virustotal means nothing at all. I find it amusing also that all these NoFee hacks are just that - cheap hacks. At least do a *little bit* of work and RE it enough to patch out the fee, or whatever you like...

The program doesn't even require administrator rights so it cannot touch anything that could do much harm to your system. There is no need for me to do such thing because I get something anyway as its descriped in first post and the user is always notified when I get the dev fee. To patch out the fee completely would mean a lot of work because Claymore miner is written in C++ and then its packed by some anti decompiler/obfuscator so this route is not an option for me. Modifing unobfuscated output which is send to pool is a lot easier.
  • Wolf0Wolf0 Member Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    Pleskac said:

Wolf0 said:

The program doesn't even require administrator rights so it cannot touch anything that could do much harm to your system. There is no need for me to do such thing because I get something anyway as its descriped in first post and the user is always notified when I get the dev fee. To patch out the fee completely would mean a lot of work because Claymore miner is written in C++ and then its packed by some anti decompiler/obfuscator so this route is not an option for me. Modifing unobfuscated output which is send to pool is a lot easier.
    I know it is - which was my point. I did it for his v10 hours after its release.

I would have pointed out Win 10 local privilege escalation is more than doable, however... this cheap and dirty hack makes me (ironically) think that the executable is probably safe. No skill nor pride in your work; I don't think you can get as far as escalating privileges.
  • mjmeansmjmeans Member Posts: 65
    edited October 2017
    Pleskac said:

I think anybody can just compare their effective hashrate (shares accepted by pool) before and after. If its not lower everything work alright and nofee is not triggered. I dont have 2 rigs so I cant compare it the way you want it.

I disagree with this assertion. Proper test design... You have 2 GPU's. Make two Claymore folders ".\GPU0\" and the other ".\GPU1\". Create two startup bat files in each folder called 'start-hack.bat' and 'start-nohack.bat'.

The '.\GPUx\start-hack.bat' files will run your program, specify a rig name 'hack', and use only the GPU for the folder it is in. The 'start-nohack.bat' will run claymore without using your program, specify a rig name of 'nohack', and use only the GPU of folder it is in.

Create a powershell script that runs '.\GPU0\start-hack.bat' and '.\GPU1\start-nohack.bat'; waits 30 minutes; kills both miners; waits 30 seconds Windows to free memory; then runs the opposite '.\GPU1\start-hack.bat' and '.\GPU0\start-nohack.bat'; then waits 30 minutes and repeats.

This test design will cause any average performance difference between GPU's to balance out. Run this for a minimum of 10 iterations (10 hours, 20 switches between GPU's).

Wolf0 said:

Pleskac said:

Wolf0 said:

I know it is - which was my point. I did it for his v10 hours after its release.

I would have pointed out Win 10 local privilege escalation is more than doable, however... this cheap and dirty hack makes me (ironically) think that the executable is probably safe. No skill nor pride in your work; I don't think you can get as far as escalating privileges.
    You are right I don't know how to elevate myself to admin by some real hack. I never claimed to have some skills to hack anybody. That's not why I did this.. I am working by trial and error believe me I have spent some time with it. I failed to attach a debugger to claymore so I really did everything by trial and error. Its shamefull job I know but it works. Please don't be rude I will try to make it better but I doubt I will be able to remove the fee completely ever..
    I am always getting alerted

"It looks like the following worker(s) became inactive:
    0xd5724e003ddb30aa879b2103773fe177e651b179.default:"

It is coming always every couple of hours and going offline. I have my own names for my workers. Where this is coming from?
  • sanhwysanhwy Member Posts: 4
    nice work, but Kaspersky detect it: UDS:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic
    File Cla​y​m​o​r​e​N​o​F​e​e​.​exe is infected.

Scan result
    File is infected
    Detected threats
    UDS:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic
    File size
    88.50 KB
    File type
    PE64/EXE_MANAGED_ASSEMBLY
    Scan date
    Oct 22 2017 13:31:12
    Databases release date
    Oct 22 2017 09:38:23 UTC
    MD5
    daa2ffdf92ee50e2598886942421a43a
    SHA1
    f59bc6390bf3fce4ef82e120c790517a403cfa55
    SHA256
    0221b376bd67486abe4a2cd20008327a3077723e384d86b7e16560f830020023
  • mjmeansmjmeans Member Posts: 65
    Kaspersky is under suspicion as a source to Russian hacking: "Kaspersky’s senior executives are working with Russian military and intelligence" https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/13/us/politics/kaspersky-lab-antivirus-federal-government.html

Note to all researches: White mice cause cancer, thereby invalidating most cancer research on white mice.
    edited October 2017

It is coming always every couple of hours and going offline. I have my own names for my workers. Where this is coming from?

Hi just read point 4. and 7. in FAQ its all explained in there..

Best way to use it is to use same wallet for normal mining and for fees but set a worker fo your standard payout as for fees you cant set a worker it has to be "default" or "x" worker.
    Simply when your miner starts mining fee and find a share you should see on your pool stats "default" or "x" worker submited x amount of shares.

"default" is the fee worker and sometimes you don't find and submit any shares in those 36 or 72 sec so your "default" worker is offline for an hour and your are noticed by mail.

Also if you read this then it makes sense that your default miner is offline each 5-10 hours depending on how long you use it..

Also you can see it in the video above. When you look at my workers you will see that sometimes there are 2 workers and sometimes there is just 1 and that is when no shares were found durning dev fee which happens to me quite often with only 80Mh/s because on ethermine there is very high share difficulty. I will release new version with support for all pools this week I hope. Because I want to change pool as I get a lot of stale shares on ethermine after last ethereum update.
    edited October 2017
    sanhwy said:

Scan result
    File is infected
    Detected threats
    File size
    88.50 KB
    File type
    Scan date
    Databases release date
    MD5
    SHA1
    SHA256

I am pretty sure its false positive. I guess if you compile a sample "Hello world!" console application it will get flagged too as Generic something... I submited it to them as False detection report I will post back if they send me a reply.
    So they replied to me already :smile:

Hello,

Sorry, it was a false detection. It will be fixed.
    Thank you for your help.

Best Regards, NewVirus

39A/3 Leningradskoe Shosse, Moscow, 125212, Russia Tel./Fax: + 7 (495) 797 8700 http://www.kaspersky.com https://securelist.com

So now I encourage anyone who don't want to believe me do what I did and send them this file yourself because who know when are they going to update and fix it.

Upload ClaymoreNoFee.exe to https://virusdesk.kaspersky.com/ add your email and wait for response. For me they replied to my mail within 2h.

• sanhwysanhwy Member Posts: 4
    ok, thanks for reply.
    can i put another eth address for the fees and not to go on the same?
    Yes you can but payout will take very long..
  • ecs87ecs87 Dekalb, ILMember Posts: 339 ✭✭✭

sanhwy said:

Scan result
    File is infected
    Detected threats
    File size
    88.50 KB
    File type
    Scan date
    Databases release date
    MD5
    SHA1
    SHA256

So, obviously you two clowns opened up the file. I guess you're also OK with what I've bolded in the quote below:
    Yes you won't get everything initially. I wanted to sell this program first for little donation but over time it started to look like a worse idea. The main issue was that noone want to buy some random program which claims to do xy.
    It would mean that I would have to personally persuade each person to send me a little donation and thats simply not worth those 5-10 dollars I initally wanted. Not at all. So I would take some of these developer fees which you wouldn't get anyway.
    So...you guys are OK with giving some random shitlord hackboi the dev fees from Claymore's own program? WTF is wrong with this community?

I do not agree with Claymore's dev fees, but I'd rather hack it out myself as mentioned above in a previous post than have someone hack it out for me (and sneak my earnings into their pocket). Why does Pleskac deserve any of your earnings more than Claymore does?

I have already replied on this but I cant see my reply.. so I will post it again.

Read these points.

**7. So what do you get?**
    You will get more the longer you mine. Here is small table with what I get.
    Basically to be honest I want just a little something I dont want to rob you especially if you like this program I want you to use it and profit from it most so in the end I would get one session daily that is 36/72 seconds based on what you mine.

Mine > 6 days = each 15th fee session is on me.
    Mine > 13 days = each 20th fee session is on me.

Simply what you say is expected result and it means that everything works. When your "default" worker get offline it means two things. Either you didn't find any shares while mining your developer fee so your "default" worker didn't submit any work and appears to be offline for 1 hour or you mined the fee which is "on me" which happens every 5,10,15,20 hours..
    ecs87 said:

sanhwy said:

Scan result
    File is infected
    Detected threats
    File size
    88.50 KB
    File type
    Scan date
    Databases release date
    MD5
    SHA1
    SHA256

So, obviously you two clowns opened up the file. I guess you're also OK with what I've bolded in the quote below:
    ecs87 said:

So...you guys are OK with giving some random shitlord hackboi the dev fees from Claymore's own program? WTF is wrong with this community?

I do not agree with Claymore's dev fees, but I'd rather hack it out myself as mentioned above in a previous post than have someone hack it out for me (and sneak my earnings into their pocket). Why does Pleskac deserve any of your earnings more than Claymore does?

I think I deserve a little for making the hack and I will improve it in near future. And everybody who use it most likely mined months for Claymore and now they can have it for themselves. Well not all but most of it, if they decide to use it for 2 days then I get 2 fees per day and they get 22.. which is far better than nothing if you ask me. As for you question why they use it? I think they think they deserve it more then Claymore and they can't make the hack themselves that's why they use it. Its just my opinion..