Difficulty Bomb

amkoamko Member Posts: 17
Hi guys,

are you still mining ETH?

For my 5 rigs (couple of 1060 6gb and 1070) every calculator estimates that ZEC is bringing ~200$/month more than mining directly ETH.

So are you mining alt-coins and (maybe) transfer into ETH, or directly mining ETH still?

What are your tips here? :P

Comments

• ecs87ecs87 Dekalb, ILMember Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    ...do you really think anyone would spill the beans on what they're doing so that everyone else can come in and tank their profits? lmao :D
  • Miner8472Miner8472 Member Posts: 109
    edited September 2017
    I am but good chance will stop.

My options are 1) Continue to mine ethereum (Poor option) 2) Switch to mine another alt coin like Zec (poor option) 3) Cut my losses and GTX 1070 SLI (Hmm tempting)

ZEC mining is more profitable than ETH at this moment in time. That is because there was a huge rise in difficulty in the last 24 hours. A lot of people are going to stop mining ethereum in the next few days because it is not profitable for them. I just don't have the appetite to switch to Zec which is just about break even for me. I had planned to switch to alt coins when I was planning this thing as a fail safe but to be honest my preferred fail safe is to use the 2 1070s as SLI.
  • amkoamko Member Posts: 17
    @ecs:
    Yeah sure, everybody can use whattomine and check whats the "best" option.

Mining Eth with my 5 Rigs is wasted time - I liked mining Eth..all my Nvidia-Rigs were very silent.

While farming alt coins like zec/zen, sigt, vtc, ..there is more core power needed and therefore more fan spinning ^^
  • theonektheonek Member Posts: 94
    it's strange, difficulty is lowering, and the profits too..... It must be opposite on that...
  • ckailianckailian Member Posts: 28
    Yea. There was a dropped in difficulty. Yet I'm mining lesser eth. Weird
  • yodiyodi Member Posts: 265 ✭✭
    whatToMine is very bad to calculate profit
    dual mining is still best option
  • jjackson1207jjackson1207 Manassas, USAMember Posts: 13
    i'm also for the dual mining