ETH + DCR mining - lot of incorrect DCR shares, but ETH is fine...?

brokenarrowbrokenarrow Member Posts: 16
On one GPU I get a rejected DCR share every 5 minutes or so, but ETH shares are coming in just fine. It says "Did you overclock it too much?". I don't feel it's worth to downclock the GPU to get rid of the incorrect DCR shares, since I would lose ETH speed too, but I haven't calculated if it really would matter.

My hashrate for this GPU are 29.8 Mh/s ETH and 715 Mh/s on a Sapphire Nitro+ RX 570 (Micron). Another identical card with the same settings work fine and has no rejected shares. It just annoys me a little reading the logs for that card.

Another option would be to disable dual mining on that GPU, and get a little more ETH hash rate. But I don't know if I can see a total of how many shares it found, but in the logs I see that it finds both ETH and DCR shares continuously..

Did anyone else have a similar issue? :)

Comments

• sutheksuthek Member Posts: 324 ✭✭
    I find ETH incorrect shares are caused by overclocking ram. (or undervolting)
    I find SIA/DCR incorrect shares are caused by overclocking the core frequency. (or undervolting)

Try increasing power to your core.... or reducing clock speed.
  • brokenarrowbrokenarrow Member Posts: 16
    Thanks, I'll check that out, but will also try with a different riser, since it's only one of many identical cards that has this.
  • mmcruz1979mmcruz1979 Member Posts: 75
    @brokenarrow Can you share your .bat and the experience with the DCR pool? I always mined ETH+PASCAL. But i want to mine DCR now. Thanks for any advice.
  • Frank_QcFrank_Qc Member Posts: 2
    Hello I have a rig running 2 month without problem with ETH+DCR dual mining.

To mine DCR full speed without affecting the speed of the ethereum,

I have do Power Limit + 50 With MSI afterburner

*My 6 RX 470 4 GB using around 1000 Watt with ETH only and using around 1300 Watt with ETH+DCR

**Make sure you have enough power available from your power supply to avoid bad share or affect your ethereum mining speed.

Batch file here :

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
    setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
    setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
    setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us1.ethermine.org:14444 -ewal 0xb9ef982152d6C9f77A9d681CE024140714424e28.Claude -epsw x -dcri 35 -dcoin dcr -dpool dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal Accountname.Claude -dpsw Password

Accountname = your account name on DCR pool suprnova
    Claude = your worker name created on DCR pool suprnova
    Password = your password on DCR pool suprnova

• Frank_QcFrank_Qc Member Posts: 2
    Hello I have a rig running 2 month without problem with ETH+DCR dual mining.

To mine DCR full speed without affecting the speed of the ethereum,

I have do Power Limit + 50 With MSI afterburner

*My 6 RX 470 4 GB using around 1000 Watt with ETH only and using around 1300 Watt with ETH+DCR

**Make sure you have enough power available from your power supply to avoid bad share or affect your ethereum mining speed.

Batch file here :

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
    setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
    setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
    setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool us1.ethermine.org:14444 -ewal 0x370fce84620346732422f30065cf8c6a764f9ed6.Claude -epsw x -dcri 35 -dcoin dcr -dpool dcr.suprnova.cc:3252 -dwal Accountname.Claude -dpsw Password

Accountname = your account name on DCR pool suprnova
    Claude = your worker name created on DCR pool suprnova
    Password = your password on DCR pool suprnova