Weird Drop in Hashrate using Claymore v10 and Blockchain Drivers

SIRacer09SIRacer09 Member Posts: 246 ✭✭
After upgrading to Claymore v10.0 and installing the Aug23 Blockchain drivers, my RX 480 Rig is acting strange. It mines for about 5-6 hours and then the hashrates drop on all 6 cards. Running 30.1-30.3 on each card.. and then they all drop to about 8... weirdest thing..

As you can see, it has happen multiple times...

A simple restart of the rig pops them all back up to 30.1MHS. I've uninstalled drivers in safe mode using DDU, restarted, applied atipatch, restarted, waited for Windows, restarted. Same thing happens. Has anyone else seen this?

Comments

• headshot155headshot155 Member Posts: 158 ✭✭
    My rx480 6x rig is 2mh lower than usual per card using claymore 10, it's fine on 9.8
  • James0James0 Member Posts: 23
    yea I got the same problem after updating to the block chain drivers, sent me crazy! in the end I setup a reboot script to reboot every 30 min as I was losing so much MH before I noticed.
  • onis_ukonis_uk Member Posts: 85
    again, again, again, these are BETA drivers if you use them and they dont perform as you expect then just go back to your old driver that you know are stable and work!!! so many folks trying to chase a few extra mh/s and they probably lose more because of all the problems they cause....
  • SIRacer09SIRacer09 Member Posts: 246 ✭✭
    edited September 2017
    onis_uk said:

again, again, again, these are BETA drivers if you use them and they dont perform as you expect then just go back to your old driver that you know are stable and work!!! so many folks trying to chase a few extra mh/s and they probably lose more because of all the problems they cause....

Whoa, was just asking if anyone else had seen the same thing. No big deal. :) With multiple rigs, the "chasing of a few extra mh/s" turns out to be quite a bit. I'll continue to work with these to see how stable I can get them. I have multiple rigs and this is the only one that is doing it. Thanks!
  • doru15doru15 Member Posts: 2
    I have the same problem on a rig with 6 rx 470. I wait for a fix also.
    Until then, as a workaround i used -minspeed in claymore.
  • James0James0 Member Posts: 23
    Just setup a reboot script to run every 30 min, a rig takes 45sec to reboot. you don't lose anything.
  • merlinthemagicmerlinthemagic Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2017
    James0 said:

Just setup a reboot script to run every 30 min, a rig takes 45sec to reboot. you don't lose anything.

45sec / (29.25min * 60sec) = 2.5% loss
    Post edited by merlinthemagic on
  • glenn_txglenn_tx Member Posts: 67
    SIRacer09 said:

onis_uk said:

Whoa, was just asking if anyone else had seen the same thing. No big deal. :) With multiple rigs, the "chasing of a few extra mh/s" turns out to be quite a bit. I'll continue to work with these to see how stable I can get them. I have multiple rigs and this is the only one that is doing it. Thanks!
    Yea, I agree, take it easy. I appreciate the feedback. This saves thousands of us from installing a driver we probably don't want. Thanks to the Author.