Hashrate OK but low income?

castedawaycastedaway Member Posts: 2
Hi,

I am relatively new to mining and have built several rigs with Nvidia GPUs and so far it is going fine except one thing.

Based on calculators online I should be getting more money for my hashrate than I actually do. My hashrate is steady, and pool confirms it, but i get significantly (30%) less ETH income on my wallet then calculator say so (without other expanses). I use Nvidia optimized Etherminer and tried Nanopoool and Ethmine, both with similar results.

Can someone help please?

Comments

• mtbmtb Member Posts: 23
    Last week mining difficulty has big increashe. All online calculator does not show the real results.
    I thing your problem is difficulty bomb.
  • castedawaycastedaway Member Posts: 2
    Interesting and sudden increase in difficulty. What was the cause for that do you know?
  • iLoveLobsteriLoveLobster Member Posts: 2
    You have multiple rigs but don't know the cause of the difficulty increase?
  • sutheksuthek Member Posts: 324 ✭✭

What was the cause for that do you know?

Why would you invest heavily into mining without understanding what's going on?
    If you want to throw money blindly into the air you should throw it into my bank account instead.

• pommie09pommie09 Member Posts: 40
    @suthek

Haha well put, but its the gold rush as they say. No clue about Ice Age, or what is Homestead or Metropolis.

Might not even properly what is a blockchain or how it functions.

Also @castedaway if you really want to know the real reason, its you and well others like you. Multiple rigs for short term goal and increasing the network hashrate if not just coz of the difficulty bomb.

You probably shouldnt look forward to the third week of September, if Metropolis does not hit, you will earn probably 19% lesser than what you do now.
  • cvethmooncvethmoon Member Posts: 24
    pommie09 said:

@suthek

You probably shouldnt look forward to the third week of September, if Metropolis does not hit, you will earn probably 19% lesser than what you do now.

It sounds like you're saying when Metropolis is active mining will be easier? How is this possible?

When you say mining will be tougher if Metropolis does not come online, it sounds like you are saying mining will be much faster with metropolis.