My dream (start some middlesize or small farm)

Brie844Brie844 Finland, Capital City of VantaaMember Posts: 63
Hello,

I have dream start middlesize/small ethereum farm :) I have been looking industry spaces on city area.

Comments

• therocktherock Member Posts: 45
    Its good to have a goal, work towards it, cheers!
  • Brie844Brie844 Finland, Capital City of VantaaMember Posts: 63
    therock said:

Yea and buy profits summerhouse on Saimaa, Own home and Toyota Land cruiser 4X Turbo diesel :)
    I dont use drugs becourse its expensive and i dont drink (least on weeks) :P
  • rishabh07rishabh07 Member Posts: 3
    Brie844 said:

therock said:

Yea and buy profits summerhouse on Saimaa, Own home and Toyota Land cruiser 4X Turbo diesel :)
    I dont use drugs becourse its expensive and i dont drink (least on weeks) :P
    That's great mate. Keep hustling and you can make your dreams come true.
  • rb3rgrb3rg Member Posts: 4
    Brie844 said:

Hello,

I have dream start middlesize/small ethereum farm :) I have been looking industry spaces on city area.

That is a good goal but I see people are re-thinking about mining business.

Think in the scenario for 100 rigs with 6 GPU. Someone will make gross of 120 ETH/month. <<--- This is for today, tomorrow will be 119, after tomorrow 118 as diff is going high.

at today price 1 ETH = $ 285 ==> 120 eth = $34200/month.
    What is the electricity price in your town? 0.10? then for 100 rigs you will pay ~ $ 4000/month
    Net ~ 30k

How much to build the rigs + the infrastructure? guess for 100 rigs ~230k if you are in USA buying in a good price.
    for 100 rigs you will very likely lease a place?

So far so good, spend 230k get ~30k / month.

But now comes the cons.
    * Buy the hardware is hard, very difficulty at this time. The price is never what you see.
    * This is a dark road, you never know what is ahead like what is the diff tomorrow?
    * This is the scare part -->: Ethereum is gone soon, then what to mine? ZEC, ok if mining ZEC right now gives you ~28k then when everyone switch to ZEC it will give you ~8k /month. it will barely pay the electricity.
    * with 100 rigs you might run into power issues unless you spend money and make it proper.
    * with 100 rigs, you must be very good Linux admin to keep scripts up. I would like to hear someone admin 100 Windows rigs LOL,must be funny.
    * Other headaches that you will find out after have those 100 rigs fired up. This is IT, Network, and we servers admin we all know never is so easy as people think it is.

But if???
    * If?? ethereum keep going PoW?
    * if?? price goes up?
    * if?? a new revolutionary GPU mining coin comes up?
    * if?? I stay in the business and most of all turn the rigs off?

Nice to hear your thoughts after take this in consideration. What do you think?
  • OliverElmhirstOliverElmhirst Member Posts: 36
    it will make sense if ETH continues going up. but the risks are great as the other miners have economies of scale and have stronger mining hardware.
  • wadeaminutewadeaminute Member Posts: 32
    with this much budget there are other better areas to spend your money on
    rb3rg said:

Brie844 said:

Hello,

That is a good goal but I see people are re-thinking about mining business.

Think in the scenario for 100 rigs with 6 GPU. Someone will make gross of 120 ETH/month. <<--- This is for today, tomorrow will be 119, after tomorrow 118 as diff is going high.

at today price 1 ETH = $ 285 ==> 120 eth = $34200/month.
    What is the electricity price in your town? 0.10? then for 100 rigs you will pay ~ $ 4000/month
    Net ~ 30k

How much to build the rigs + the infrastructure? guess for 100 rigs ~230k if you are in USA buying in a good price.
    for 100 rigs you will very likely lease a place?

So far so good, spend 230k get ~30k / month.

But now comes the cons.
    * Buy the hardware is hard, very difficulty at this time. The price is never what you see.
    * This is a dark road, you never know what is ahead like what is the diff tomorrow?
    * This is the scare part -->: Ethereum is gone soon, then what to mine? ZEC, ok if mining ZEC right now gives you ~28k then when everyone switch to ZEC it will give you ~8k /month. it will barely pay the electricity.
    * with 100 rigs you might run into power issues unless you spend money and make it proper.
    * with 100 rigs, you must be very good Linux admin to keep scripts up. I would like to hear someone admin 100 Windows rigs LOL,must be funny.
    * Other headaches that you will find out after have those 100 rigs fired up. This is IT, Network, and we servers admin we all know never is so easy as people think it is.

But if???
    * If?? ethereum keep going PoW?
    * if?? price goes up?
    * if?? a new revolutionary GPU mining coin comes up?
    * if?? I stay in the business and most of all turn the rigs off?

Nice to hear your thoughts after take this in consideration. What do you think?
    EthOS is easy to use, much better then non graphic linux (text based).
    I maybe begin small hardware in my home?

with this much budget there are other better areas to spend your money on

Yea, but what is another opinion to get money then example ethereum?
  • therocktherock Member Posts: 45
    other coins for example?