I am setting up 4 rigs with the following configuration:
Sapphire Radeon Nitro+ Rx480 8GB OC
Biostar Motherboard TB250-BTC
Intel Pentium G4400 Processor 1151 Socket
PSU (Power Supply):
EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1300w 80 Plus Gold Power Supply
2 x Kingston HyperX FURY Black 4GB 2133MHz DDR4 CL14 DIMM
Kingston A400 120GB SATA III SSD
GPU Powered Riser Adapter VER 006 [with power connector] 1x to 16x
(PCI-E Express 1x to 16x Extender Riser Card Adapter Power cable)
Each setup costs me around @ $3.6k including the GPU around $470 each. I am planning to build 4 of them. I know it's very costly, but here in India, there is a lot of import duty on computer peripherals.
Few questions here:
- Is it really worth to spend this much money on mining? I am looking towards mining Etheruem primarily.
- Definitely I am looking forward to getting all my investment back before Ethereum goes PoS. I assume 4 to 5 months should be good enough to get my investment back looking at the current difficulty rate.
- The major concern I have is will this SSD work with this motherboard? I see that TB250 supports M2 SSD. Which specific SSD should I buy? What is the difference between M2 and SATA III SSD? I know even USBs work, however, I am looking towards managing my setup remotely.
- How about the RAM, just want to confirm if it will work or not?
- Here in India, USB risers are not very common. However, I have seen people reporting cheap USB risers burning due to excess heat. What should I take care while buying risers? Should it be with the power cable? What does 1x to 16x means?
- Any other recommendations I should take care of based on your experience?
Looking forward to your kind help!
Thank you very much in advance!