12 GPU , 13 GPU mining motherboards is now available

midoprincemidoprince Member Posts: 198 ✭✭
Hello miners
i just see many posts about the 12 , 13 gpu mining motherboards without showing which store
i found them on Ebay the 13 gpu ASRock H110 Pro BTC+
and the 12 gpu BIOSTAR TB250-BTC PRO

i recommend to use 6bin riser with red capacitor like this
other risers is low quality and cause problems

the windows 10 pro 64 can detect 8 gpu with these motherboards , if more gpu added the system hangs , maybe i will get to a solution for this by trying the windows server 2016

for now simplmining OS can run all the 13 gpus without problems or use linux with the suitable driver for it

will post my test on the windows server later

Comments

• techtottechtot Member Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    which OS and CPU can handle that many cards without too much pain? It can be difficult to get just 6 or 7 working sometimes in win7/10. A lot CPU's have a PCIE limitation of around 16 lanes.. which would not be near enough due the lanes other uses for 13 slots . I'd like to know so I can build one..
  • midoprincemidoprince Member Posts: 198 ✭✭
    techtot said:

which OS and CPU can handle that many cards without too much pain? It can be difficult to get just 6 or 7 working sometimes in win7/10. A lot CPU's have a PCIE limitation of around 16 lanes.. which would not be near enough due the lanes other uses for 13 slots . I'd like to know so I can build one..

linux and simplemining os can handle , im testing windows server
  • Ted_RogersTed_Rogers Member Posts: 6
    I'm new to this so don't know much but I came across this article testing the ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ .

They recommend using a mixed combination of 8 + 5 GPUs in Windows and they weren't able to make more than 8 GTX 1070s work in Windows.

Here's the article:

http://www.cryptomines.xyz/mining/trying-out-the-asrock-h110-pro-btc-with-13x-gtx-1070/
  • Ted_RogersTed_Rogers Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2017
    PS: Where are you based? If in Europe I know quite a few online stores that stock the ASRock that I can link you to (around 190 Euros).

On another note. What's your opinion on running a 12 GPU mining rig as opposed to 2 x 6 GPU mining rigs in terms of advantages and disadvantages?
    EDIT: I'm referring to 12 x GTX 1070s if that makes a difference.

PS: Where are you based? If in Europe I know quite a few online stores that stock the ASRock that I can link you to (around 190 Euros).

On another note. What's your opinion on running a 12 GPU mining rig as opposed to 2 x 6 GPU mining rigs in terms of advantages and disadvantages?
    EDIT: I'm referring to 12 x GTX 1070s if that makes a difference.

simple mining os or linux can operate 13 gpu of the same card and have the same functions of windows
    windows drivers still need update from the MB manufacturers
    i think its better than 2X 6gpu MB cz u save processors + storage + rams and that add extra costs
    two systems gives you more reliability. If your 13 rig system goes down you lose all cards at once. If you have it split into two systems, the odds of both of them crashing are pretty small. If you have thousands of cards then this doesn't really matter, but if you have < 200 cards you might want smaller systems.

On the flip side, More systems = more watts (about 60 more per system)
    techtot said:

two systems gives you more reliability. If your 13 rig system goes down you lose all cards at once. If you have it split into two systems, the odds of both of them crashing are pretty small. If you have thousands of cards then this doesn't really matter, but if you have < 200 cards you might want smaller systems.

On the flip side, More systems = more watts (about 60 more per system)

good point
    but i would recommend them even if i will run 8 cards only cz no need to add extension slots or update the gaming MB bios or tweak it
    just plug and run with no issues

but im sure in the near future there should be a drivers to take more than 13 gpu in windows :smile:
    or someone will make a patch ...
  • CryptocoreCryptocore Member Posts: 8

techtot said:

but im sure in the near future there should be a drivers to take more than 13 gpu in windows :smile:
    or someone will make a patch ...

Indeed: According to the ASRock tech support, nvidia is currently trying to update their CUDA driver, in order to allow for the use of up to 50 GPUs in Windows.

i think AMD is going to release a windows driver to support that motherboard
  • lablettlablett Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
    To be clear the 8 AMD GPU MS Windows limitation is a driver issue. At the moment the only option is Linux or use AMD and NIVIDA cards to use all 13 slots.
    how does linux get around the pci-e lanes issue when windows can't ? Is it making virtual lanes? Any technical explanations? Also there is a 19 pci-e board coming out now..

https://www.pcper.com/news/Motherboards/Asus-Launches-B250-Expert-Mining-Motherboard-19-PCI-E-Slots
    its driver and OS system resources issue
    maybe windows server have solution for that
  • abomouradabomourad Member Posts: 9
    Which Linux system to 12card Rx and how
    its driver and OS system resources issue
    maybe windows server have solution for that

for Linux Ubuntu it can run till 18 card