Seeking Advice: Mining Rig with 3x GTX 1060

ckailianckailian Member Posts: 28
Greetings!

Currently I am running my rig as per such:

Asrock H110 Pro BTC+
3x Zotac Geforce GTX 1060 6GB

Stock: ~15mh/s OC: ~18mh/s

seeking advice to further boost it up to ~23mh/s

I am using Claymore latest version, windows latest updates and latest GPU driver.

Attached photos with problems I faced...

This is the Max Mem clock I can go. Anything higher will either crash the PC or the miner will die within 5mins and PC will restarts.

This is the data of my GPU. Had heard that of Hynix is able to push over 20mh/s too. Not necessary does it has to be Samsung.

This is the average speed I am currently achieving. Very stable with no disconnect. ~18mh/s per card.

Seeking for advice among the community and the pro!

Thanks!

Comments

• ckailianckailian Member Posts: 28
    Pretty much heard lots of 1060 hitting 25mh/s. The gap is toooooo huge.
  • KlintistwoodKlintistwood Member Posts: 142
    you won't be able reach 23MH/s with hynix memory. I bought some Asus cards with hynix and could not go above 19 while with Samsung I could go to 23 stable. I sent them back while I still could. Now I'm only using MSI and EVGA.
    Oh my. Is there a possibility that if mix in a Samsung memory will boost up the hynix ? Heard this from elsewhere as well. Need some confirmation.

Cheers!
  • RDPPRDPP Member Posts: 71
    Mine are running with >23Mh/s
    OC: Core -400, Memory +650 (+500 @ main-gpu)
  • felipemcaldasfelipemcaldas Member Posts: 15
    edited July 2017
    Oh man, Hynx memories.. you were not lucky :( They are the worst
    My MSI 1060 6GB came with Micron and I can only OC those cards to a max of 600mhz stable... so mining at ~22mhs at 100w

And I have two EVGA 1060 3gb ITX (the smaller cards) with Samsung memory OC at 700mhz at ~23mhs and 70w... boy, if I knew this, I would have gone with all the EVGA ones.
  • ecs87ecs87 Dekalb, ILMember Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    ckailian said:

Oh my. Is there a possibility that if mix in a Samsung memory will boost up the hynix ? Heard this from elsewhere as well. Need some confirmation.

Cheers!

Absolutely not. That's like asking if your vehicle will be faster if you drive next to a Corvette.
    RDPP said:

Dam! Let me try your specs!

Oh man, Hynx memories.. you were not lucky :( They are the worst
    My MSI 1060 6GB came with Micron and I can only OC those cards to a max of 600mhz stable... so mining at ~22mhs at 100w

And I have two EVGA 1060 3gb ITX (the smaller cards) with Samsung memory OC at 700mhz at ~23mhs and 70w... boy, if I knew this, I would have gone with all the EVGA ones.

Yea man. Talk about luck. :(
    Next batch I'm getting MSI. Hopefully.some Samsung memory will do me a better job!
    ecs87 said:

ckailian said:

Cheers!

Absolutely not. That's like asking if your vehicle will be faster if you drive next to a Corvette.
    True. Lol. Silly example. Hahaha
    RDPP said:

Oh my. My memory still doesn't go above +450. It crashed. My max core only -200.
  • benetherbenether Member Posts: 20
    Did you switch your card in P0 state ? Optimizing drivers for compute ?
    I just post an howto yesterday on this forum about some fine tuning.

Im hasing at 21 with my GTX 970 4Gb
    benether said:

Thanks for your kind reply! I'll head over to your guide and let you know if it works! Cheers!
    benether said:

No luck buddy. 1060 seems to block away user from modifying the pstate. Hmmm
    Is nvidia-smi says N/A for supported clocks ?
    I had this with my 970, but using lastest nvidia drivers solve this issue.

If you dont have latest, try with.
    Hope it solve this.
    Yup! It says N.A. and yea. Check out my msi afterburner screenshot. Latest driver. ;)
    edited July 2017
    Update: manage to switch to P0. Stock speed manage to go from 15 to 17!

But max OC limit remains the same. Stable at ~18mh/s. Anything higher will crash.

Sitting at core +100 memory +300
    Ho yes, i didnt look at driver version in your screenshot.
    Like Klintistwood says, it may be related to hynix memory.

I dont have other ideas...
    benether said:

Ho yes, i didnt look at driver version in your screenshot.
    Like Klintistwood says, it may be related to hynix memory.

I dont have other ideas...

Yea. I'm thinking of that too. Hopefully some pro hop in here and give some suggestions. Haha
  • KlintistwoodKlintistwood Member Posts: 142
    yes, hynix memory is really crap for mining. I had bought randomly 6 GTX 1060 from different brands, I ended up with a mix of hynix and Samsung. I never managed to go above 19 with hynix cards, they all started around 15 stock and ended up crashing around 19. With the samsung based cards, I started at almost 20 stock and pushing to 22 easily and some brands up to 23. I haven't tried the P0 option, I'm on Linux.

My advice, try to get rid of hynix card. If you can't return it for free, try to sell it for gamers, there should be sufficient demand on the market.

yes, hynix memory is really crap for mining. I had bought randomly 6 GTX 1060 from different brands, I ended up with a mix of hynix and Samsung. I never managed to go above 19 with hynix cards, they all started around 15 stock and ended up crashing around 19. With the samsung based cards, I started at almost 20 stock and pushing to 22 easily and some brands up to 23. I haven't tried the P0 option, I'm on Linux.

My advice, try to get rid of hynix card. If you can't return it for free, try to sell it for gamers, there should be sufficient demand on the market.

Good advise mate! Thanks!