ETH + LBC Mining

ZiljZilj Member Posts: 61
Hey guys,

think I'm missing something basic but can't see it. Getting authentication error, so I have tried setting up an account over on Suprnova site as well, but unsure how my username/password needs to be laid out, if anyone can help please?

Using claymore dual miner, if I want to mine Eth + LBC can someone show me a command line to run? this is my current one but it doesn't work.. trying to send my LBC straight to poloniex account if possible.

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth-eu.dwarfpool.com:8008 -ewal (Mywallet.worker) -epsw x -dpool stratum+tcp://lbry.suprnova.cc:6256 -dwal (MyWallet) -dpsw x -dcoin lbc

Comments

• retherrether Member Posts: 258 ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    The variable dwal should be your suprnova username and workername, not just a wallet address.

So it would look like -dwal loginname.workername

Also make sure you've created a worker under your suprnova LBRY page.
  • ZiljZilj Member Posts: 61
    rether said:

The variable dwal should be your suprnova username and workername, not just a wallet address.

So it would look like -dwal loginname.workername

Also make sure you've created a worker under your suprnova LBRY page.

okay cool, so guess I have to get my mined coins to go to suprnova account then transfer from there to my poloniex? can't go straight to poloniex I take it.

I've setup 1 worker under my suprnova account, do I need to also specify password? I'll try again when I get home, thanks for your reply mate :)
  • CryptoGiraffeCryptoGiraffe Member Posts: 34
    Once you log in to suprnova on the left go to My Account and then Edit Account. In there you can set your Poloniex wallet and payout threshold so it will auto send. You don't need a specific password for your worker because if someone were to guess it all they could do would be to mine with your worker ID. You can just put an x as the password and it'll work fine.

Once you log in to suprnova on the left go to My Account and then Edit Account. In there you can set your Poloniex wallet and payout threshold so it will auto send. You don't need a specific password for your worker because if someone were to guess it all they could do would be to mine with your worker ID. You can just put an x as the password and it'll work fine.

awesome thanks mate will give it a go :)
  • HansHans Member Posts: 34
    Btw how to get lbc wallet guys?
  • un4givenun4given Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
    LBC seems to be more profitable atm compared to SIA coin or am i missing something? How much MH does a RX 480 do at LIBRY?

also, pls could you share your final working command line :) thx
    Hans said:

Btw how to get lbc wallet guys?

This is where I got my wallet from, there are different pools available though - https://lbry.suprnova.cc
    un4given said:

LBC seems to be more profitable atm compared to SIA coin or am i missing something? How much MH does a RX 480 do at LIBRY?

also, pls could you share your final working command line :) thx

not near my rigs to copy command line at the moment, but it's the same as siacoin command, except you specify the LBC address and you user worker Id instead of wallet address.

LBC is not as profitable as siacoin from my testing. You lose more MH/s of Eth which brings the value down, not a lot, it is pretty close, but I want more ETH rather than the other alt coins.

Haven't tested dacred yet
  • CoreolCoreol Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    @Zilj Well, depends how you look at it. If you look at it from a "now" perspective and what it's worth today then yes - it might not be as profitable.
    Then again, if you bet on it to increase in value in the future - who knows? All a matter of what you believe in right? :smile:

I've stopped dual mining LBC as it decreases the hashrate for ETH by 20MH on average per rig! Which is too much for me.
    Coreol said:

@Zilj Well, depends how you look at it. If you look at it from a "now" perspective and what it's worth today then yes - it might not be as profitable.
    Then again, if you bet on it to increase in value in the future - who knows? All a matter of what you believe in right? :smile:

I've stopped dual mining LBC as it decreases the hashrate for ETH by 20MH on average per rig! Which is too much for me.

Yeah, exactly right, main reason I'm not wanting to reduce ETH, stockpiling for PoS, whereas when I'm dual mining SC it reduces ETH by literally almost nothing and it's good for some extra $$ to help pay for power usage.
  • hasherhasher Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    I did some calculations and realised that I (and probably everyone else here) shouldn't be dual mining at all. If I took that 20% extra power that I use when dual mining, I could build more rigs to fill up the 20% increase, and actually make more money single mining ETH than dual mining in the first place. :/

• cidmocidmo Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    hasher said:

I did some calculations and realised that I (and probably everyone else here) shouldn't be dual mining at all. If I took that 20% extra power that I use when dual mining, I could build more rigs to fill up the 20% increase, and actually make more money single mining ETH than dual mining in the first place. :/

i have been thinking about this as i max circuits
    if i can get even 1 more card per circuit it almost beats dual mining and 20% down on a circuit could be 2-3 cards
    so far i havent done much of my own testing on it other than dropping -dcri
    that doesnt do much
    hasher said:

if you are already using 6-7 GPU rigs, then you actually generate profits from the power Sia uses, so you are kind of backwards thinking, to buy more hardware you still need to generate more money either way.

The only thing I haven't tested is PCI express splitting and running more than 1 card off 1 port, in which case yes it would be more profitable to do this, this is kind of stretching the power limits though and causing more of a potential fire hazard.. so not sure if it's worth it.

For RX480 the sweet spot is -dcri 22 for sure, the non reference cards do well at 23 and 24 as well but I haven't tested them for long enough periods to see if there is a drop in ETH, the cards run a hell of a lot cooler and use at least 10% less power for the same hashing rates. Make sure and play with your cards to find optimum value.
  • CryptoGiraffeCryptoGiraffe Member Posts: 34
    I'm getting 29mh ETH and 29mh LBC with dcri -16

I'm getting 29mh ETH and 29mh LBC with dcri -16

You'll still get more profit with SC, I'm getting 31+ MH/s ETH + 330+ MH/s Sia on my miner results (Averages below at Ethpool link) on 140 watts at the wall on XFX 8G RX480, unless you are using less power with LBC, but it seemed to be about the same from my power meter. I haven't tested to see if the averages level out with LBC or not, will need to run over a number of days with price fluctuations to see if it's better. Other thing I'm possibly going to do will be setting a number of miners to do all Dacred/LBC/Sia, this way I can just set my sell orders at the previous highs and wait for price to hit there again if it happens.

http://ethpool.org/miners/e22788c6bb83e0155192c632c8b574ab8953ca26

See Miner called TestRig, that's just my single card for testing.
  • jbodz83jbodz83 Member Posts: 7
    @Zilj i noticed that you are doing solo mining. with your current hashrate, how many ETH do you mine in a month. i currently having 192Mhs and was wondering if solo mining at this rate would give me better result. - sorry out of topic, i was looking for ETH+LBC hashrate that why im here... lol
  • rmhrmh Member Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    jbodz83 said:

@Zilj i noticed that you are doing solo mining. with your current hashrate, how many ETH do you mine in a month. i currently having 192Mhs and was wondering if solo mining at this rate would give me better result. - sorry out of topic, i was looking for ETH+LBC hashrate that why im here... lol

Your hashrate is too small for solo mining by my opinion.
    At current difficulty (1198.349TH/s) your average time to find a block with 192MH/s is 75 days.