Biostar + gtx 1070 ?

lapolislapolis Member Posts: 7
Hi everyone..

I'm new here I hope to find the solution to the problem that kept me awake for several nights..

I've been reading a lot about different rig configuration and I came out with this one:

MoBo: Biostar Motherboard TB250-BTC
CPU: Intel Celeron G3900 2.8 GHz LGA1151 2 MB Cache
GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 SC Gaming 8 GB ACX 3.0
RAM: HyperX FURY 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) 2133 MHz DDR4 CL14 DIMM
PoS: EVGA Supernova 1000 W 80 Plus Modular Gold G3

The GPUs are 2 or 3 in the beginning but I will add one every month (hopefully) until I have all of the 6 slot full.
I didn't mention all the cables, extender, cpu cooler and eventual extra fan but I know I have to buy them. Wink

The second similar version is:

MoBo: ASRock H81 Pro BTC Motherboard
CPU: Intel Celeron G1840 Processor 2.8 GHz LGA1150
GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 SC Gaming 8 GB ACX 3.0
RAM: HyperX FURY 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3 1866 MHz CL10 DIMM
PoS: EVGA Supernova 1000 W 80 Plus Modular Gold G3

First of all is 1000W enought? and for how many GPU?

Any opinion? Should it works for ETH?

Suggestions accepted! Grin

Thanks in advance to all!

Comments

  • lapolislapolis Member Posts: 7
    mmmh.. why did I get a flag for spam?
  • ResonanceResonance Member Posts: 57
    I have a similar rig with the one up top. It was running over 1000 watts at first with 6x1070. I dialed the power back to 81% with OC of +35/+655. It runs about 750 watts now, so you may be OK if you tweak the cards. This is still with 3 delta fans. Removing those with just a box fan over the case could save another 40 watts.
  • lapolislapolis Member Posts: 7
    Resonance said:

    I have a similar rig with the one up top. It was running over 1000 watts at first with 6x1070. I dialed the power back to 81% with OC of +35/+655. It runs about 750 watts now, so you may be OK if you tweak the cards. This is still with 3 delta fans. Removing those with just a box fan over the case could save another 40 watts.

    cool! thanks!
  • clownboy74clownboy74 Member Posts: 9
    I bought a EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0 yesterday and am only getting 2.6MH out of it, windows 10, Claymore dualminer. Any ideas? Thank you!
  • ResonanceResonance Member Posts: 57

    I bought a EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0 yesterday and am only getting 2.6MH out of it, windows 10, Claymore dualminer. Any ideas? Thank you!

    Update drivers directly with Windows 10 in device manager. I tried updating them with the Nvidia app, but still had issues.
  • ResonanceResonance Member Posts: 57
    lapolis said:

    Hi everyone..

    I'm new here I hope to find the solution to the problem that kept me awake for several nights..

    I've been reading a lot about different rig configuration and I came out with this one:

    MoBo: Biostar Motherboard TB250-BTC
    CPU: Intel Celeron G3900 2.8 GHz LGA1151 2 MB Cache
    GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 SC Gaming 8 GB ACX 3.0
    RAM: HyperX FURY 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) 2133 MHz DDR4 CL14 DIMM
    PoS: EVGA Supernova 1000 W 80 Plus Modular Gold G3

    The GPUs are 2 or 3 in the beginning but I will add one every month (hopefully) until I have all of the 6 slot full.
    I didn't mention all the cables, extender, cpu cooler and eventual extra fan but I know I have to buy them. Wink

    The second similar version is:

    MoBo: ASRock H81 Pro BTC Motherboard
    CPU: Intel Celeron G1840 Processor 2.8 GHz LGA1150
    GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 SC Gaming 8 GB ACX 3.0
    RAM: HyperX FURY 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3 1866 MHz CL10 DIMM
    PoS: EVGA Supernova 1000 W 80 Plus Modular Gold G3

    First of all is 1000W enought? and for how many GPU?

    Any opinion? Should it works for ETH?

    Suggestions accepted! Grin

    Thanks in advance to all!

    I already had the same setup as your top config, and put and H81 Pro rev 2 config together a couple of days ago. I like the H81 board better. It seems more durable and required no bios adjustment to read all 6 GPUs. I think the Biostar could have issues. I've been through 4 bad boards. One was DOA. Two worked for a day. I probably jacked the 4th myself. BTW. I think the H81 only goes up to 1600 Mhz, so no need for faster memory (but it won't hurt either).
  • clownboy74clownboy74 Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2017
    The driver in windows 10 device manager says 22.21.13.8233, just like in this video on youtube... he's building an 8 rig of this exact same card. So frustrating !! :/ Any other ideas?
    This is my MB: https://www.amazon.com/MSI-H270-Motherboard-TOMAHAWK-ARCTIC/dp/B01MS68B8O/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498492973&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=arctic+cat+motherboard


  • lapolislapolis Member Posts: 7

    I bought a EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0 yesterday and am only getting 2.6MH out of it, windows 10, Claymore dualminer. Any ideas? Thank you!

    the same for me.. just update drivers.. the last one are working good.. download cuda8 as well..
  • Nokia555Nokia555 Member Posts: 36
    Hi,

    i would recommend EVGA Gold 1300W power supply definitely http://mylifegadgets.com/EVGAGOLD
    And about windows 10 2.6mh/s, i have heard that windows 10 latest update also fixes that kind of issues.
  • clownboy74clownboy74 Member Posts: 9
    edited June 2017
    Nokia555 said:

    Hi,

    i would recommend EVGA Gold 1300W power supply definitely http://mylifegadgets.com/EVGAGOLD
    And about windows 10 2.6mh/s, i have heard that windows 10 latest update also fixes that kind of issues.

    Thanks, yes I believe it has to do with me running an older version of windows 10. Working on upgrading now, unfortunately getting no video every time windows setup reboots to upgrade. Hopefully I can get it to work and see major improvements in hashrate. I will update this thread.
  • clownboy74clownboy74 Member Posts: 9
    BINGO! You must be running windows 10 v 1703 Creators Update.. this was an expensive lesson for me , wish more forums/articles would have made that in BOLD up front for people trying to run NVIDIAs. It's crucial and an easy mistake for someone installing windows 10 off of a disk.. because even the standard updates do not give you the Creators Update.. it's a special deal. FYI
Sign In or Register to comment.