Credits on ethpool.org

ilpirata79ilpirata79 Member Posts: 4
Hi,

I was mining on ethpool.org with a rig of 35Mh/s. I got to 37-38% of the credits needed to reach the top and then I noticed that the percentage was dropping. Now is about 36%.
I decided to change pool, because I was afraid that I would never reach 100%:
What can I do? Have I lost the work? My miner had been working for 3-4 months before I stopped it.

Best regards,
ilpirata79

Comments

• ETGoHomeETGoHome Member Posts: 36
    Think of credits as a marathon track. Some people just run faster then others and will run circles around you. You will eventually reach the finish line, but some people will just repeat the finish line multiple times over and over because they run faster then you. But you will get to it eventually. If it's been 3-4 months and you are at 37%-38% then maybe it might be another 10 months or longer.

Now, if you can improve your running speed, then you will reach the finish line faster.
  • ilpirata79ilpirata79 Member Posts: 4
    I am not sure, what if the difficulty increases too much?
    I have just 37-38 Mh/s....

The problem is that I have the feeling that small miners earn less that they could on a different pool because big miners tend to be paid before when the difficulty is smaller.
    I think that that way of mining would be fair only if the difficulty stayed constant. I cannot demonstrate this now because I don't know how the pool really works...
    Does somebody know?
    edited May 2017
    If my, not yet demonstrated for lack of time, hypothesis is true,
    that means that miners on ethpool with an hash rate above the average earn more than they should at the expenses of the others miners (that earn less).

So, given that, if all miners were rational and informed, then nobody should be mining on that pool.

I'll leave the demonstration to you.

Best regards.
    Post edited by ilpirata79 on
    I am not mining anymore and my percentage has decreased a lot, from 38% to 26%. As I previosly said, it is not convenient for anyone to mine on that pool, as the biggest miners have an unjustified advantage over the others (It is convenient for you to mine only if you hash rate is above the average on that pool).
  • fgalufgalu Member Posts: 7

I am not mining anymore and my percentage has decreased a lot, from 38% to 26%. As I previosly said, it is not convenient for anyone to mine on that pool, as the biggest miners have an unjustified advantage over the others (It is convenient for you to mine only if you hash rate is above the average on that pool).

Hi,

Try NiceHash miner, i was mining 140USD before 1 month at 29 - 30 mh/s is good miner for low hashrate

• carpercarper Member Posts: 1
    Same thing happened to me, but mining with a single RX480. After months of mining, I got to 137t credits and I'm stuck at 17% for a month, says it will take about 1 year to get a reward. I will never get anything out if the difficulty remains high.

It's a little misleading, because if you are new to this and you join this pool it's not that clear that this can happen. You give them all this free work with no hope of getting anything in return but you don't realize it until you have wasted a lot of time and money.

Is there a way of cashing in or trading these credits? Maybe pool them with other people in the same situation until it reaches the limit? I don't think so because you have your own account and can't merge accounts with others. Am I right?

Now I think I will switch pools and/or mine something else.
  • xyberxyber Member Posts: 40
    At the start, I was mining with this pool at at 40MHs and I was very satisfied due to the rate of return plus, it pays uncle blocks.

But when difficulty shoots-up, that was when price reaches from $0.9 to $10, I still stayed until it reaches $20 and I switched to ethermine.org.
    At that time when price reach $20, I can only earn when mining for 2 months and I made sure to claim my reward before switching to other mining pool.

ethpool is to those who have high hashratse, maybe 200MHs above and its worth to mine on this pool.

• MiningAmazingMiningAmazing Member Posts: 9
    Hi,

I'm in the same situation, stuck between 50-60% of credits (I've 250mH/s), worst is that the ethospool service desk are not helping at all to transfer the credits. I'm sending them clear questions about how to fill their form and they're not solving them...

What did anyone of you in the end?

Thanks!