Modded Bios Thread / RX4xx and RX 5xx / 4 & 8GB Models

Comments

• eonezzzeonezzz Member Posts: 34
    Soon updating this thread with some clear indications of charges and what my work consists off.
    I will offer a full professional tweaking service and offer discounts on lots of 50-100 + gpus.

Ill have a new thread design. - Keep an look out.

Thanks
  • listmanlistman Member Posts: 51
    If someone has 50-100 GPU and they cant take care of their own **** they need to find a different kind of work. LOL and damn bro 2 eth for 1 rig thats just f'd up are there that many suckers / lazy facks on here jeesh smh
    Who's spamming, your pimping yourself out on a mod thread so? LOL good luck
  • vswrvswr Member Posts: 6
    @eonezzz looking on your first post in this thread it seems you didn't had bigger idea about this stuff at that stage... and now you are a tuned/modded rom retailer? ;) Please share some knowledge about voltage control in newer models, all the straps are on overclock.net :) this is no longer knowledge worth 2 ETH as you need copy 3 straps from one place to another to get significant result (at least for AMD)
  • Bubly32Bubly32 Member Posts: 1
    guy is a tool, tried to charge me 1 eth to program 5 gpu lol.
  • RAZHASHRAZHASH Member Posts: 3
    Maybe someone has the answer to my unsatisfactory endeavor.

I have been fiddling around for hours and hours with a Asus RX580 DUAL OC 8GB (Hynix mem) and I have gotten it from 20 Mhz to 25 Mhz by copying the 1750 to 2000. Adjusting the mem clock. I get somewhere around 26 Mhs when i'm on 2090 memclock but then I get artifacts and eventually a crash. I have read allot of topics and websites but I can't find any specific solution to my low hashrate. I could live with a 27 to 28. But 25 seems off.

I'm using claymore 9.5 dual on Windows 10. Latest AMD driver. Pixelclock patch. 1750 to 2000 straps.
    imgur.com/a/OHDYJ this is dual mining. Same hashrate on eth only.

With:
    GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
    GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
    GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
    GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

Tried two different RX580 ARMOR 8GB OC (hynix). straps from 1750 to 2000. Also 25MHs for both cards (50MHs total).

Could it be something else choking the hashrate?
    edited June 2017
    Try copying up 1625 or 1500. Are you adjusting the core and men clock?
  • AereauAereau Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2017
    RAZHASH said:

Maybe someone has the answer to my unsatisfactory endeavor.

I have been fiddling around for hours and hours with a Asus RX580 DUAL OC 8GB (Hynix mem) and I have gotten it from 20 Mhz to 25 Mhz by copying the 1750 to 2000. Adjusting the mem clock. I get somewhere around 26 Mhs when i'm on 2090 memclock but then I get artifacts and eventually a crash. I have read allot of topics and websites but I can't find any specific solution to my low hashrate. I could live with a 27 to 28. But 25 seems off.

I'm using claymore 9.5 dual on Windows 10. Latest AMD driver. Pixelclock patch. 1750 to 2000 straps.
    imgur.com/a/OHDYJ this is dual mining. Same hashrate on eth only.

With:
    GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
    GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
    GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
    GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

Tried two different RX580 ARMOR 8GB OC (hynix). straps from 1750 to 2000. Also 25MHs for both cards (50MHs total).

Could it be something else choking the hashrate?

In a similar scenario as you are. Got a XFX 470 4GB Hardswap with Hynix memory. I got the hashes from 20 to ~24 by copying the 1500MHz memory straps down, running at 2000MHz mem clock.

Using newest genoil on Windows 10, latest AMD driver and the Pixel Clock Patch as well. Core is running at 1150, power consumption around 80W (chip only).

Anyone have any more advice?

Edit: Gonna try 16.9.2 drivers!
    Post edited by Aereau on
  • FlexinFlexin FranceMember Posts: 45
    i want to say thank you to @eonezzz for his work on my RIG and his assistance was really professional he setup and BIOS modded my rig with only Teamviewer and now my rig running well since 128hours without problems

Keep it up your good work @eonezzz

Thanks budy.
  • Wolf0Wolf0 Member Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    vswr said:

@eonezzz looking on your first post in this thread it seems you didn't had bigger idea about this stuff at that stage... and now you are a tuned/modded rom retailer? ;) Please share some knowledge about voltage control in newer models, all the straps are on overclock.net :) this is no longer knowledge worth 2 ETH as you need copy 3 straps from one place to another to get significant result (at least for AMD)

I already have written a linux toolset to undervolt them, and can do them in the VBIOS (most of them.)
  • MEng95MEng95 Member Posts: 28
    Finally got my hands on a Asus Dual 8gb RX 480 (the white one) with Samsung memory, running consistently over 5 days at 28MH/s eth and ~400MH/s sia (DAG #131)

Modded bios, copied 1500 timing strap in to all above straps.

Running at 1285/2025, undervolting by 42mV.

I cannot adjust the clockspeeds (lower for GPU and higher for Memory Clock if i'm correct) anymore, undervolting was done post adjusting memory speeds to reduce wattage. If I reduce voltage any more it appears that the hash rate drops by about 10% so for this setup I think I have pushed it as far as I can go.

I am wondering as I have seen people with 1150/2100 clocks, whether my editing of the bios has meant I cannot adjust the speeds further without bricking my PC. I heard that copying 1750 straps could be more stable.

Would copying 1750 straps mean I could get a more stable over/underclock on the card and potentially push it further? This is my first effort and I have hit a wall. Any help would be much appreciated.
  • DavidC1DavidC1 Member Posts: 40
    Aereau: I have XFX RX 470 4GB, I believe RS edition.

Try using Claymore. It performs better than genoil miner. Newer drivers might help with stability but won't help with performance.
  • itsfriday6itsfriday6 Member Posts: 1
    Wolf0 said:

vswr said:

I already have written a linux toolset to undervolt them, and can do them in the VBIOS (most of them.)
    care to share that toolset?
  • denividdenivid Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone upload Original or Modded BIOS for Gigabyte RX 570 Gaming 4GB (SAMSUNG) memory please :)
  • Dev222Dev222 Member Posts: 31
    edited June 2017
    Received my 580s Nitro+ 8Gb 4 hours ago, BIOS modded I get 30.0x MH/s ETH + 541 MH/s SIA for around 140 - 150 W
    Hashrate is a bit unstable for ETH (can drop to 27.xx for 1-2 seconds)
    On 3 cards I get 70 - 78 % Asic quality, really disappointed :(

I'm on Lubuntu 16.04 (amdgpupro have issues to install with Debian ... ) and latest drivers
    Post edited by Dev222 on
  • greatauror28greatauror28 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    Dev222 said:

Received my 580s Nitro+ 8Gb 4 hours ago, BIOS modded I get 30.0x MH/s ETH + 541 MH/s SIA for around 140 - 150 W

I'm on Lubuntu 16.04 (amdgpupro have issues to install with Debian ... ) and latest drivers

Care to share your BIOS mod?

Have the same GPU but Asus dual OC, copying 1750 straps to 2000 only give me 27Mh/s.

• MEng95MEng95 Member Posts: 28
    edited July 2017
    Dev222 said:

Have the same GPU but Asus dual OC, copying 1750 straps to 2000 only give me 27Mh/s.

I've got the same card running at about the same. I can't seem to get the clocks as low/high as others. I copied 1500 straps however.
    edited July 2017

Dev222 said:

It's a Bios based on 1stminingrig's V2 I modded to set GPU at 1205 MHz and Memory at 2180 MHz
    I've also dropped the Watts from 20 W
    I will share it when I will boot on Windows to do more clocks tests, so in 5-6 hours ;)

I received my new risers this morning to I added my last 580 with 84% Asic quality

I always get theses temporary hashrate drops ... Let's see what it does for few hours
    It should be good about PSU (EVGA 1300W), it's not related to risers. Maybe the gpu TDP or power limit are too low
    edited July 2017
    Here is my bios for now. This is for Nitro+ 8Gb Hynix
    Unstable, so if someone can give me some tricks you're welcome ;)

Keep in mind I'm a beginner about Bios modding, this is my first
  • zuzuxzuzux Member Posts: 40
    what i need to do to lower power draw of card (on 480 8gb samsung mem and 570 4gb ? i take now 150w ,i'm on 1.100mhz/2200mhz mem ..ty
    Dev222 said:

Dev222 said:

It's a Bios based on 1stminingrig's V2 I modded to set GPU at 1205 MHz and Memory at 2180 MHz
    I've also dropped the Watts from 20 W
    I will share it when I will boot on Windows to do more clocks tests, so in 5-6 hours ;)

I received my new risers this morning to I added my last 580 with 84% Asic quality

I always get theses temporary hashrate drops ... Let's see what it does for few hours
    It should be good about PSU (EVGA 1300W), it's not related to risers. Maybe the gpu TDP or power limit are too low
    I have tried modding (using Trixx) gpu at 1200 and mem clock at 2100, -100mv and it sure give me ~28.5 but very unstable. I crashes after 30 minutes with no display, and i had to reset.

My default clocks are 1305 / 2000.

I could even live with ~29 Mh as long as it’s stable.
  • jaketurnetjaketurnet Member Posts: 3
    Any roms for asus rx480 strix 8gb =)
  • JustCauseJustCause Member Posts: 29
    I hope someone have time to reply :)

What is usual consuption from wall for rx 470 sapphire nitro 4g?

I have these readings:

pow (power usage fro wall)

- 30 pow without GPU
    - 42 pow with 1 GPU
    - 55 pow with 2 GPU
    - 159 pow with 1 GPU 100% mining ETH only
    - 295 pow with 2 GPU 100% mining ETH only.

So, as i see from wall i have 117w from wall for GPU 1 and 136w for GPU2 with:

GPU1 1105core/2050mem @ 910mv - 910mv with temp of 47 celsius with 60+fan speed with 27.400MH/s.

GPU2 1090core/2040mem @ 900mv - 900mv with temp of 48 celsius with 60+fan speed with 27.700MH/s.

So 295-300w for whole system at wall with 2GPU.

All GPU does not have any error in hwinfo.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/616T5iv.png[/img]

Questions:

1. why GPU show 70-75w usage, when on wall device show 117. Almost 40w diference? For GPU2 is even more, about 50w.

2. what is average power consumption for RX 470?

3. GPUs are stabile, system is stabile, is these OC settings good. How to know for sure? For eg. did i set to low volt options?
  • JustCauseJustCause Member Posts: 29
    Hi all,
    i got new 570 sapphire nitro +4g. Out of box they had 24MH/s. I did bios mod (1:500 and 2:1500 to abouve) but hash rate was same.

I did not had such problem with rx 470. They was stock 22 and bios moded to 24.

Any advice?
  • Arnie91Arnie91 Member Posts: 2
    Anyone looking for a professional bios modding service. Check out these guys on Ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282566681152?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

They can mod almost any card.
    OK, boys and girls am back.

Looking to get back into helping.

Ill probably be making a new thread. MODS please can you remove these ebay posts above.

Thanks
    eonezzz said:

Ill probably be making a new thread. MODS please can you remove these ebay posts above.

Thanks

Hey man, do you have prior experience with 570 Nitros? I'm picking up 8 of them to build another rig and wondering if they can hit 30 Mh for eth?

eonezzz said:

Thanks

Hey man, do you have prior experience with 570 Nitros? I'm picking up 8 of them to build another rig and wondering if they can hit 30 Mh for eth?
    All AMD Cards can be tweaked some better than others.

Why dont we give it a try.

Should be hitting 28/9.

Pm me your skype info.
  • acheroncycacheroncyc Member Posts: 4
    eonezzz said:

Thanks

Hello, do you have any experience with the MSI RX 480 Armor OC with Samsung memories?.

I tried a custom rom but after a while the hashrate would drop to 8-10MH/S. With a the stock rom, either 17.11.4 or Blockchain drivers and some undervolting/overclocking, I get some stable 26-27MH/S.
    pm me your skype id we can talk.