Any pools with server in Australia?

newmznewmz AustraliaMember Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
I'm pretty sure there are quite a few of us Australians mining. I tend to use the asian servers because they have lowest ping times, but sometimes west coast USA is just as goo and occasionally better. I would love to see an Australian server!

Comments

• ZiljZilj Member Posts: 61
  • newmznewmz AustraliaMember Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    I discovered that dwarfpool does have a server in Melbourne. I get a ping time average of 65ms, compared to before when I was on ethpool west coast USA which was around 250ms. That has to be better but I have no idea whether the pay scheme is better or worse. I'll try dwarfpool for a while and see.

Anyone know of any other pools with Australian servers?
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    @newmz stales still receive partial reward on ethpool/ethermine, so there isn't much work lost due to higher latency. I'm sure you'll earn less on dwarfpool, because they don't pay out all rewards (dwarf inclusion rewards and tx fees are kept by the admin).
  • daboehladaboehla Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2016
    Rent server in australian is very expensive (because of the bandwidth?).
    If you want mine classic, you can test my pool http://www.ethteam.com

Server is in Germay and very good internet connection, because if this the pool have a low (<8%) uncle rate :)

Edit: Pool have a high share diff(4G), good for lower bandwidth
  • newmznewmz AustraliaMember Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    work said:

@newmz stales still receive partial reward on ethpool/ethermine, so there isn't much work lost due to higher latency. I'm sure you'll earn less on dwarfpool, because they don't pay out all rewards (dwarf inclusion rewards and tx fees are kept by the admin).

@work thanks very much for that information! I tried Dwarfpool for about 24 hours and you are right - it didn't seem to be paying as much as Ethpool so I have switched back. Apparently asia1.ethpool.org doesn't respond to pings so I thought it was down but it may be nearly as fast as the Dwarf server in Melbourne anyway. I thought that fast ping was really important - but I guess it only matters if it's really slow right? How does ping/latency relate to farm-recheck?
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    @newmz farm-recheck doesn't really change anything when you're using stratum. It simply changes how often the console displays your hashrate. I personally wouldn't be too worried about ping with Ethereum mining unless you're getting into 400ms+ territory. For mining other coins without the concept of uncles, latency matters a lot more.
  • ozethozeth Member Posts: 1
    Hi, www.ozeth.net is Australian