Modded Bios Thread / RX4xx and RX 5xx / 4 & 8GB Models

Comments

• narba88narba88 Member Posts: 85
    @listman and @mayhemvlad - Are you guys saying that my 17.2.1 drivers are holding be back from the extra 2.5 hash mayhemvlad is getting? :( Isn't 16.6 what win10 installs by default?
  • narba88narba88 Member Posts: 85
    This is 5x 480 Gaming X 4GB running at 750 at the wall( 4 hynix, 2 samsung

This is 3x Armor OC 4GB (waiting on a new board for the other 3) 540w at the wall (1 micron, 5 hynix)

Any tips to get this up a tad? Hints work just as long as I dont brick the SOB. ;)

• ericeric Member Posts: 76
    does anyone have bios mod for the sapphire nitro rx 470 8gb oc (MICRON)
  • eonezzzeonezzz Member Posts: 34
    if anyone wants any help or modding please pm me with your skype.
    Just to mention, i dont do dcr mining so i cant guarantee that you will get stable figures.

Only ETH.

Thanks,
  • OverconOvercon Member Posts: 37
    I want to thank Eonezzz for working on my two systems with XFX RADEON RX 480 8GB Custom Tuned OC Graphics Card w/ Backplate (RX480M8BFA6).

He was able to get me going from 21-22 to 28-29 at a considerable power savings as well. I appreciate all the work and patience even with a little bit of driver / riser issues.

If anyone needs someone with expertise in modding their cards for ETH; Eonezzz is the one!

• Wolf0Wolf0 Member Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    moiraine said:

@Wolf0 yup, I was looking at the google doc for the register values: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WKZDKJlBvmRXwIKE5P-Shzu4iJ6YpuLRqYJr00gdeR0
    and realized that...

Anyway, any changes to 8E seem to have no impact whatsoever to the card, even power usage is the same. So I'm guessing it's either hooked up to nothing(or more likely, something else), or something's limiting it. I was considering messing with the other ones (0x93/0x94 mainly) but now I'm away and can't boot windows to check for mem errors anyway sooooo yup.

It's pretty odd.. my stock bios had none of these values at all until I added them. I'll dig around of the bioses of other cards and see what registers/values are (somewhat)safe to add, but it might be a crapshoot since they could be connected to different things on different cards ><.

I still hate my shit hynix w/its 1900 clocks though. </p>

No, more than likely it's not an IR3XXX compatible. I'd have to either look at the VBIOS or poke the card to be sure.
  • Nigdean456Nigdean456 Member Posts: 5
    I'm thanking Eonezzz for working on my 5 msi gaming x 4gb. I was having lots of trouble trying to mod it myself from guides. Legit service, he bumped my cards up to 28.5-29, they were at 22 before he worked on them.
    Eonezzz please contact me and get the cards stable
  • listmanlistman Member Posts: 51
    edited May 2017
    seriously curious, at 28-29 what is your power usage for your rig. I can run for weeks at 27.7, no stability problems and a lot less power than trying to run at even 28.5, I have a 4 card system now at 555 watts - 5 card rig isnt tuned yet. Holy crap and my cards never get over 74, @overcon crank those fans up..
    Post edited by listman on
    in response to the response that got deleted lol - I'm running 470's and pay $0.27 for electricity, I try to get as low as I can with a reasonable stable rate. I can run about 28.3 pretty easy but what I pay to get that rate isn't worth it. I'm real close to getting solar and when that happens then yeah, I'll be happy to push each card to 150 watts. My 5 470's rig is now at 640watts with 27.6-27.8 mh/s for me thats not to bad
  • ecs87ecs87 Dekalb, ILMember Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    That was me. I've got a bad habit I've carried from other forums with editing after I think my comment sounds idiotic. Hence...the deletion lol.

Anyway, the price for power makes sense. That totally slipped my mind...in that case, thank god that post was deleted.
    na your post was fine in response to my first post, you had no idea what card I had or what i paid for elec.
    Eonezzz got them to 29 at just over 100w a card.
  • DutchmultiDutchmulti Member Posts: 6
    Heliox said:

listman said:

And I would love to see and try out Heliox bios for my hynix cards lol

New Pandaminer B3's have 8x 470 4G with Hynix mem. Already got those over 30Mh and less consumption than they did before :)

Simple copy paste method of the 1500 strap gives 28.5Mh.

Greetings!
    Do you have a pandaminer b3? would like to hear your experience.
  • curtisimocurtisimo Member Posts: 10
    Can anyone post what they are putting in Polaris Bios Editor to get 29 Mh/s on these MSI Rx480 4gb cards? I have 5 of them and I have all the software to flash the BIOS but I don't know what values to put in.
  • mattlefmattlef Member Posts: 2
    This may be a really dumb question - but has anyone attempted to flash a 580 down to a 480 to get those wall savings and 30+mh?

Just wondering if its possible - have 3x 580s sitting here ready to get into a rig, but wanted to be sure before i did something and lit fire to $400CAD.
    I flashed my 570 down to a 470, only gain was matching setting with my 470 cards and not having to set cards individually. runs perfectly fine but still uses more power.
  • mattlefmattlef Member Posts: 2
    listman said:

I flashed my 570 down to a 470, only gain was matching setting with my 470 cards and not having to set cards individually. runs perfectly fine but still uses more power.

hmmm, I'll try it on my ref 580 see how it holds and pray i dont brick it.
    edited June 2017
    Apologies to all, I had a big issue with a few things.

Was involved with the Market crash, thought id take time out from modding and concentrate on life in general.

If anyone needs assistance - I do mod All models from rx4xx to rx 5xx

Am back and will contact all the people who left me PMs.

Teamviewer
    ATIFlash
    wattools
    Polaris Editor

Please have these preinstalled - to save time.

Thank you.

ETH WALLET : 0xcf26c0a1041777d58c72e75a50528ede06e6b0cc
    Post edited by eonezzz on
  • LMN0PLMN0P Member Posts: 11
    Anyone get a modded BIOS for MSI RX480 Armour 8GB OC series? Having trouble with wattman and afterburner giving my rig BSOD when undervolting or underclocking
  • LMN0PLMN0P Member Posts: 11
    @eonezzz If you had one already that would be terrific, or if you need my specific BIOS it's here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1p3Rwv5rB7DT2ZvZ3NfVXdObTg/view?usp=sharing
    Thanks!
    edited June 2017
    @LMNOP did you try to mod it yourself already or were you having trouble with it stock?..nvr mnd I see its stock
    LMN0P said:

@eonezzz If you had one already that would be terrific, or if you need my specific BIOS it's here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1p3Rwv5rB7DT2ZvZ3NfVXdObTg/view?usp=sharing
    Thanks!

Hi, i have just pm me with your skype name and ill get in contact
  • aaaaaa Member Posts: 0
    LMN0P said:

Anyone get a modded BIOS for MSI RX480 Armour 8GB OC series? Having trouble with wattman and afterburner giving my rig BSOD when undervolting or underclocking

Hey mate how did you go with this ?? Have a 13 card setup on EthOs and most I can hit is 26mh ?
    aaa said:

LMN0P said:

Hey mate how did you go with this ?? Have a 13 card setup on EthOs and most I can hit is 26mh ?
    Pm me and use windows
    @aaa you can get a better rate with windows and use less power. You should be able to get 30 mh/s with those cards if you mod the bios, its pretty simple.
  • JustCauseJustCause Member Posts: 29
    Thank you for this guide. Can anyone tell me what is best drivers to use for Sapphire Nitro rx 470 (no + version)?

I mine only eth, without dual mining.
  • EMWEEEMWEE Member Posts: 60
    @LMN0P can u share u findings on the MSI 480 armour 8GB OC? I just bought one (samsung memory)
  • vswrvswr Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2017
    edited & deleted as solved
    Post edited by vswr on