GIGABYTE Radeon™ RX 480 G1 Gaming, 4GB 29+ETH/840 DCR dual mining bios mod.

drizzt_do_urdendrizzt_do_urden Member Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
edited April 2017 in Mining
Hi,

I thought I share this moded bios for this Gigabyte model (http://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-RX480G1-GAMING-4GD#kf)

Stable hashpower 29.3 MHS/ETH with 840 MHS/DCR stable. (-dcri 29)

WattTool settings.

1095/890
2070/890

Voltage offset depends on ASIC quality. Some can take -22 others -12 , -10. Just play around with settings. You can go higher with core and mem clocks it can go faster, but it is starting to give memory errors in HWINFO above these settings.

Just flash with atiflash. Use older non RELIVE drivers.

if you have questions feel free to ask.

Post edited by drizzt_do_urden on

Comments

• systemverilogsystemverilog Member Posts: 1
    Thank you!!! Great job =)

With your parameters my fans have high speed presentage (67%-69%).
    So I decreased memory freq to 2030.

28,50 ETH/ 820 DCR.
    FAN speed ~58%
  • changechange Member Posts: 40
    Ive got the gigabyte rx480 8gb Samsung memory and strix rx470 4gb, does this bios work on either?

:)
  • ecs87ecs87 Dekalb, ILMember Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    The BIOS file specifically states it's for a Hynix model (and no, most BIOS roms are not cross-compatible).
  • drizzt_do_urdendrizzt_do_urden Member Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    @systemverilog or you can keep the settings just put a higher temperature. say 70 celsius. you will have 29 mhs with 840 and low fan speed. and still you are within safe temperature limits...

@change no you can't as ecs87 said if it is hynix you can use it for hynix memory only. no samsung. but you can do the mod yourself if you want...use polaris editor and copy memory straps. for rx480 1750 to 2000 and for rx 470 1625 to 1750 and to 2000.
  • GhruboGhrubo Member Posts: 1
    drizzt_do_urden
    when you say:
    WattTool settings.

1095/890
    2070/890
    is that GPU clock and mem clock? sorry im rlly new in this world, and it means that i can play in that range? from 1095 to 890 and 2070 to 890?

im still having issues with the drivers... cant keep crimson 16.9.2, windows is fucking updating my drivers, I'm going to disable windows updates, but im going to sleep now :D greetings!
    1095 is the GPU clock and 890 is the mV (voltage) 2070 is the Memory clock with 890 mV...yeah that mandatory windows update f.... up alot of rigs. disable all updates and should be fine.
  • GatewayGateway Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for this mod, I just received 5 of these gb rx 480 g1 4 gig boards and having a hell of a time keeping them from crashing. I have your bios and settings above in WattTool, along with the -dcri setting in claymore.

Can you give me an idea on looking at gpuz asci quality as to what volate to maybe play around with and when you say -12 or so with voltage are you suggesting the changes in wattTool for gpu or memory?

My fans run at 100% right now, with your settings to keep the card around 72%..

Last question in window 10, in atiflash the card shows up as ati polarius 10 ?? I have run the atikmdag-patcher

Running Windows 10 64 bit, Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon with ATI 16.12.1 drivers.

Thanks again for your time and hard work.
    keep the memory and gpu voltage the same as they are now. put voltage offset to 0. If the rig is stable then go down with -1 if it is stable go down one more to -2...keep this up until card freezes then go up one lets say it freezes at -8 but was stable at -7 then that is the sweet spot for that card. do this to all your cards and should work fine. as for the drivers use 16.9.2 or 16.11.5 you don't need the patch for these drivers. hope this helps!
  • brockvondbrockvond Member Posts: 2
    Would this work with GIGABYTE 580 8gb?
    edited May 2017
    no. do not try it it will brick the card. i will get some 580 cards soon and if I can mod them and tune them so that they run stable and with good hashrate then I post that mode too...

keep the memory and gpu voltage the same as they are now. put voltage offset to 0. If the rig is stable then go down with -1 if it is stable go down one more to -2...keep this up until card freezes then go up one lets say it freezes at -8 but was stable at -7 then that is the sweet spot for that card. do this to all your cards and should work fine. as for the drivers use 16.9.2 or 16.11.5 you don't need the patch for these drivers. hope this helps!

Thanks Ill give that a shot.. non related question but how do you make sure wattTool loads up at start up with all your configs.. and do you have to save a file for each config? aka card1.ini , card2.ini etc.?
    yes every card a separate .ini file. you have to preload watttool settings before running (some prefer after) miner program. for exmple you write in the minder start.bat file before the miner program

wattTool.exe card1.ini card2.ini card3.ini etc as many cards as you have. don;t forget to change in the lat card ini file the NOGUI=0 to NOGUI=1 if you don't do this wattTool will pop up and won't let the miner program start.
    @drizzt_do_urden have you been able to push the cards to 30MH/s yet?
    edited May 2017
    I never tried to push them more the 29+because the power usage. but I am pretty sure it is possible. try 1150 GPU with 2150 Memory. This should do the trick!
  • SfeetSfeet Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2017
    I've just flashed one of my rx480 g1 gaming 4gb and that card is giving me a blackscreen with the hdmi connected, instead when I connect the hdmi to another gpu that has not been flashed it seems to work nice(29mhs)

Can you help me?
    never seen a problem like that but maybe that card is not the primary vga and that's why not goving out signal? or maybe the power savae mode is activated? turn off all power save mode to off.
  • David047David047 Member Posts: 221
    Is it working with Simple Mining OS? How much Watt per card do they consume?
    never tried it only under windows 10