Just discovered ethereum- mind=blown. So....when will it launch!?

Three weeks ago I discovered bitcoin. After a period of head scratching, it 'clicked' and I have been in love with it ever since. Yesterday I attended the London 2015 bitcoin expo and people there told me about ethereum. I just read the white paper, and IT'S EVEN COOLER THAN BITCOIN! It's potential is utterly limitless.

Of course I am upset to discover that I missed the original ether sale. So, I'm keen to start mining me some coins as soon as I can (I understand from the white paper that my desktop cpu will be perfect for the job and can't be quickly replaced by an ASIC).

Anyway, the date for launch is only given as Q1 2015. Do we have any more specific information on this anywhere? I want to be there the second it launches!!

Comments

• smarticesmartice Member Posts: 1
    according this chart http://instagantt.com/snapshot.html#/54b845c6a88104c84a000097 there will be release of genesis block on March 20. So we less than two months away from the historic event.
  • mcplumsmcplums Member Posts: 8
    Thanks man! Is this a live chart, does it constantly update? And how come it starts at nov 2014 when development started well before then?
  • StephanTualStephanTual London, EnglandMember, Moderator Posts: 1,282 mod
    @mcplums, it does not update - if we make a new one I'll post a new link. It's focused exclusively on the release of the Go client (the client CLI, not Mist) which will form the backbone of v1. Potential slippage could occur if the external auditors find something nasty in the codebase - we want to make sure that what we release is safe.

Regarding development starting before Nov, well, it did - but mostly was Jeff and Gav and a couple others. Most the current dev team was onboard post Ether sale and in fact many started with us Nov-Dec 2014.
  • mcplumsmcplums Member Posts: 8
    thanks for your reply boss! Are your excited about your name being in the history books in two hundred years as one of the key individuals behind the 'crypto revolution'?
  • GeorgeHallamGeorgeHallam Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 229 admin
    Join in with the bug bounty and you can have (along with sweet t-shirts and Bitcoins) your name inscribed into the genesis block for eternity!
  • calvinHobbescalvinHobbes Member Posts: 4
    mcplums said:

Three weeks ago I discovered bitcoin. After a period of head scratching, it 'clicked' and I have been in love with it ever since. Yesterday I attended the London 2015 bitcoin expo and people there told me about ethereum. I just read the white paper, and IT'S EVEN COOLER THAN BITCOIN! It's potential is utterly limitless.

Of course I am upset to discover that I missed the original ether sale. So, I'm keen to start mining me some coins as soon as I can (I understand from the white paper that my desktop cpu will be perfect for the job and can't be quickly replaced by an ASIC).

Anyway, the date for launch is only given as Q1 2015. Do we have any more specific information on this anywhere? I want to be there the second it launches!!

i'm in the same boat as you. :)

i'm ripping thru these threads and trying to learn as much as i can about the protocol. this is so exciting!