Ethereum on Slack

Is Ethereum utilizing slack chat? (https://slack.com/) If not, I think it should be considered, it can be integrated with IRC and provides some great features - their mobile app is particularly useful.

Several altcoins are communicating via this platform and it's a great way for the community to engage with developers.

Comments

• JasperJasper Eindhoven, the NetherlandsMember Posts: 514 ✭✭✭
    Think it has a limit on the number of users, and above that the price gets prohibitive. Also, they might want to bridge the chats again in that case. (like skype&IRC are bridged now)
  • GeorgeHallamGeorgeHallam Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 229 admin
    edited February 2015
    Yeah so @stoicthought - We have a Skype/IRC Megabridge with separate channels for devs, general chat and off topic (#Ethereum-dev, #Ethereum and ##Ethereum). Add me on Skype (george_hallam) if you'd like to be added.
  • stoicthoughtstoicthought Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Thanks! I'll find out about Slack how many users would Ethereums active online community total in at? I have a buddy at slack so we may be able to work something out if that's interest to the devs.
  • tgerringtgerring Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    There is an Ethereum Slack account, but most of our communication currently takes place ad hoc on Skype.

There are no user limits that I'm aware of and costs are $8 per user. For 40 regular accounts, this would be about $320/mo, a relatively paltry cost for the communication benefits it could provide.

Because Slack provides an IRC bridge and free single-channel user accounts, it could actually make a lot of sense from a coordination perspective to start using it.
  • KimmyFKimmyF Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2015
    Slack has no user limit and can be used for free. When used for free a 10K post limit.
    But with there great multi platform clients and easy integrations its a great way to get people active and informed
  • ghyllghyll Member Posts: 1
    Unless they've updated their code, Slack does have an unmentioned user limit of ~8,462 users.