TOO MANY NEWBIES!

ExtrastarkaExtrastarka Member Posts: 44
edited May 2017 in Mining
This site has to many newbies, all experienced people "drown" here. PEOPLE start using the search function before posting!

Comments

• CryptoManiacCryptoManiac Member Posts: 49
    Good point. Most new topics are duplicated.
  • insaniakinsaniak Member Posts: 65
    Let's go on strike! Make them use search!
  • praestopraesto Member Posts: 115
    I am new but let's be honest here, no one in this post has more than 50 posts. I can get 50 in 1 day with each post adding more value than this entire thread.
  • poissonpoisson Member Posts: 8
    It's basically floods of new people asking the same questions everyday. Like there's a search bar right there lol.
  • agent412agent412 Member, Moderator Posts: 293 mod
    ...I try to tell them to use the search bar...it's getting out of control. I may have to start deleting posts. I didn't want it to get to that point but we are definitely drowning.
  • ecs87ecs87 Dekalb, ILMember Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    I'm tired of seeing "gimme free BIOS", "gimme free strap timings", "what cards are best?". Literally every single thing needed can be found by Googling or using the search feature here. I crept around for MONTHS before even signing up on the forum.

Agent412 please clean up the spam...it's totally getting out of hand.
  • Hytech2kHytech2k Member Posts: 130 ✭✭
    Search Bar, Google, and Youtube are your friends....... :) Oh and @agent412 and I have more than 50 posts... It's not just about the post count, it's about what you know and how long you've been here... We were all noobs at one point. So many people want you just to hand them the simplest of answers or do it for them rather than take a moment and do that long lost thing, RESEARCH...

• mbdmbnmbdmbn Member Posts: 21
    People that are new here, is what keeps this community growing. Personally I help people, (when I have time) regardless if they're new to these forums or have been using them for a long time. When you help people, that knowledge gets passed on and improves this community as well as people's lives.
    mbdmbn said:

People that are new here, is what keeps this community growing. Personally I help people, (when I have time) regardless if they're new to these forums or have been using them for a long time. When you help people, that knowledge gets passed on and improves this community as well as people's lives.

Yeah that's all fine and dandy. You'll see my posts all over trying to help people as well. But maybe, just maybe, before creating yet another redundant post asking that same question that's been asked a hundred times over, do a search. I've learned more just by searching youtube, bitcointalk, and here than I could have imagined.

I think were just saying people have to try and help themselves just alittle before asking someone to give them the answer or do it for them. Youtube is a treasure trove of information, alot of the creators have blogs with step by step tutorials covering what they did in the video. What more could you want, a how to with a video.

What's that saying, "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."
  • ExtrastarkaExtrastarka Member Posts: 44
    Hytech2k said:

mbdmbn said:

Yeah that's all fine and dandy. You'll see my posts all over trying to help people as well. But maybe, just maybe, before creating yet another redundant post asking that same question that's been asked a hundred times over, do a search. I've learned more just by searching youtube, bitcointalk, and here than I could have imagined.

I think were just saying people have to try and help themselves just alittle before asking someone to give them the answer or do it for them. Youtube is a treasure trove of information, alot of the creators have blogs with step by step tutorials covering what they did in the video. What more could you want, a how to with a video.

What's that saying, "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for a lifetime."
    Well, said!

I started a year ago and was a complete newbie in this field but this page was indeed a treasure and you knew and got the feeling of who the "experienced" were and it was encouraged to use the search as well. I have spent hours reading here and on YouTube. I can congratulate myself of flashing and modding rx480/70 and R9 380 with hex.

I have thought people all mylife, I haven't been brighter than others but I have helped others when they have been struggling for awhile.

But today people are give me a fish I'm hungry! I don't put laziness high :)

Hytech2k said:

mbdmbn said:

Well, said!

I started a year ago and was a complete newbie in this field but this page was indeed a treasure and you knew and got the feeling of who the "experienced" were and it was encouraged to use the search as well. I have spent hours reading here and on YouTube. I can congratulate myself of flashing and modding rx480/70 and R9 380 with hex.

I have thought people all mylife, I haven't been brighter than others but I have helped others when they have been struggling for awhile.

But today people are give me a fish I'm hungry! I don't put laziness high :)
    @Extrastarka Thank you and I couldn't agree more. I have spent countless hours learning to use Linux and all the different miners and configurations. I enjoy the challenge when I try something new and the satisfaction that comes from solving it.

btw.. check your other thread, I responded to your request..
  • yodiyodi Member Posts: 265 ✭✭
    mining gone bad very sooner as it could be ...
  • PMmeyourBTCPMmeyourBTC UK BristolMember Posts: 50
    The official "i think now is a good time to build an ethereum mining rig" starter kit.

From Reddit

The official "i think now is a good time to build an ethereum mining rig" starter kit.

From Reddit

That's funny !!
  • RedHouseRedHouse Member Posts: 104
    edited May 2017
    I was a newbee once and in a lot of ways still am. Googling stuff often gives you a lot of dated material and info in bits and pieces and sometimes it is just plain wrong. It can be hard to follow at best when learning and it is all over the place.

agent412 has done a great thing by posting tutorials, trying to keep them up to date, incorporate valid comments into them on a timely basis, and prune outdated material. A newbee need only look at the updated first post.

EDIT: I wonder if a tutorial category on this web site might help?

Everyone here has helped me a lot. Thanks.
  • cidmocidmo Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    haha when i started mining there was such lil and outdated info...
    i was mining scrypt with GPU at first for a week, almost a year after ASIC came out lol
    lost about $5 in electricity right out the gates with nothing to show but pennies worth of LTC
    u guys got it easy with all these guides and the fact crypto is booming
  • RedHouseRedHouse Member Posts: 104
    cidmo said:

haha when i started mining there was such lil and outdated info...
    i was mining scrypt with GPU at first for a week, almost a year after ASIC came out lol
    lost about $5 in electricity right out the gates with nothing to show but pennies worth of LTC
    u guys got it easy with all these guides and the fact crypto is booming

LOL. My first year I got it up to $2.50 a week.