Plz Suggest Hardware

motorheadmotorhead Member Posts: 14
edited June 2016 in Mining
I already have a rig with i7 4770k and 16 gigs of ram, 780 ti (reference model) corsair ax 860 psu.. I am planning to upgrade it to a mining rig, what card or cards should i opt for? please give your best suggestion..my budget is upto 1000$

Comments

• Dr_House86Dr_House86 Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    In my opinion you should wait for the 480s.
    When they do fine mining, buy a few.
    When not, get used 390s.
  • motorheadmotorhead Member Posts: 14
    Thanks @Dr_House86 .. so i ll sell my 780 ti
  • stoonstoon Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    Not sure what motherboard your using but the 290 reference at Newegg with a modded BIOS might be something to look at as well
  • bbcoinbbcoin Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I wouldn't advise getting second hand 290's or any GPU without warranty at this point.

With ETH fever 90% of those cards will be mined to shit. Out of warranty too.
    Make a new investment plan and try to get a discount code on some new cards. It will take longer to ROI but you can build the rig and relax. While with second hand GPU's one of them may fail after a month and you will never get ROI for that.

Also change the CPU to something lower class. 4770K will eat alot of electricity. You may sell 8GB of ram too.
    Thanks everyone, i have decided to build a new rig with asrock btc motherboard and an amd fusion cpu...and probably 4 rx480s, does it sound to be a good idea that i hear about the pos switch...then these would be useless?
  • JukeboxJukebox Member Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    motorhead said:

then these would be useless?

There are many profitable forks to mine.
    I'm never stopped my GPU rigs since 2009.

Jukebox said:

motorhead said:

Thanks, After a long time I finally got the money to build my rigs and, I am going to start building my rigs (6 infact) with 36 rx 570s (sapphire pulse)..planning to run on simplemining os.

What do you guys think?
  • EtherealmsEtherealms Member Posts: 60
    motorhead said:

Jukebox said:

motorhead said:

Thanks, After a long time I finally got the money to build my rigs and, I am going to start building my rigs (6 infact) with 36 rx 570s (sapphire pulse)..planning to run on simplemining os.

What do you guys think?
    I think you will have a hard time finding any 570 or 470 right now :P But if you can then you will be making money pretty quick.
    Luckily, I found a retailer (very far from my town). They told me they can get me the hardware in 10 days. Hope it works out.