This is my ETH Mining Rig. Any advice to make it work better?

alfredo14alfredo14 Member Posts: 36
Hello everyone! I am new to the mining world and after some research, and some advice from some people I know, I got/recycled some stuff to start mining Ethereum. This is my current rig:

MB: MSI Intel H81 LGA 1150 DDR3 USB 3.1 Micro ATX Motherboard (H81M-E33)
CPU: Intel Celeron G1840 Processor LGA 1150
RAM: x2 Markvision 2gb Ddr3 1333mhz-cl9 Oem
GPU: x2 Sapphire Radeon NITRO Rx 470 4GB GDDR5 Dual HDMI / DVI-D / Dual DP OC (UEFI) PCI-E Graphics Card (Elpida)
HDD: Samsung (320gb/7200rpm/16) -hd322hj (sata)
PS: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 B1, 80+ BRONZE 750W, Semi Modular

After some few days mining, my avg is 24 Mh/s with each GPU (48.5 Mh/s in total); which I got after OCing a little bit with Afterburner (C. Volt 0/Power Lim 0/Temp Lim 85/Core Cl 1100/Mem Cl 1925/ Fan 65). The voltage goes between 100 and 1040mV and the temperature is between 50 and 52 *c. My question is, what could I do to take the best possible advantage of this equipment? I have read about some people saying that the amount of RAM or the power of the processor can influence the hashing, is this true? Your advice and recommendations will be welcome. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• changechange Member Posts: 40
    @alfredo14 have you modded the straps on your GPUs yet?
    Your should be able to get much higher than 24Mh/s with those cards.

• AkromaAkroma Member Posts: 92
    bios mod the time straps, and then u can get around 27-28 each
  • alfredo14alfredo14 Member Posts: 36
    Chan
    change said:

@alfredo14 have you modded the straps on your GPUs yet?
    Your should be able to get much higher than 24Mh/s with those cards.

Well, I tried but it didn't work. I haven't been able to find the way to modd the straps cause the Elpidas are different, and mine doesn't have the v-switch so I am not sure if I will be able to find a solution for that any time soon. If you know about how to do so with this model, please let me know 'cause I know they are much more powerful than just that.
  • thepixelgeekthepixelgeek PhillyMember Posts: 96
    edited May 2017
    What exactly did you try? You may get better support if you show screenshots, explain your steps, and provide the tools/apps you used.

If you are using Polaris Bios Editor, there are a few different versions. I believe this is the latest that works with Elpida memory. https://github.com/tpruvot/PolarisBiosEditor/releases/tag/1.4.1

[edit] If not that, then try this version. https://github.com/caa82437/PolarisBiosEditor

Copy 1500 straps to higher timings.

Post edited by thepixelgeek on
    I use Polaris Bios Editor 1.4 but when I tried to change the timings of the straps, they where different to the ones I had copied. I mean, they just didn't match at all. You can see them at the end of the post 'cause I'm attaching some pics. After I saw that, I researched a lot about how to flash the Elpida, and apparently you can't do it manually as you can do with the Samsung ones. You have to paste the image of the modification (which I thought I had found) where the original image is and BAM! Higher hashing. The problem is that when I did so, A window popped up saying "Invalid Checksum". I click on "Continue" but nothing happened after that. Looking at the timings, I saw that they were different to one another (I'm guessing this was the problem). I've been looking for other options to mod the bios, but nothing new so far. There are a lot of forums and videos explaining how to mod the Nitro+ model, but mine is Nitro (with no +) so it doesn't have the v-switch.

These are the other 2 pics with the timings of my GPU

• narba88narba88 Member Posts: 85
    Damn bro... your images are not mobile friendly while I'm on the pooper at work.
  • wcryanwcryan Member Posts: 157
    narba88 said:

Damn bro... your images are not mobile friendly while I'm on the pooper at work.

hahaha... ironically I took them with a cellphone (not at pooper though). narba88 Just get more coffee in the morning and help me with this Bios situation please. Thanks!
  • CryptoManiacCryptoManiac Member Posts: 49
    Polaris bios editor 1.4 doesn't support Elpida memory. Try this version bro: https://github.com/tpruvot/PolarisBiosEditor/releases/tag/1.4.1

Polaris bios editor 1.4 doesn't support Elpida memory. Try this version bro: https://github.com/tpruvot/PolarisBiosEditor/releases/tag/1.4.1

Thanks Criptomaniac . I'll try that. I am also updating the crimson version. I had some issues but my not-very-fast internet hasn't helped me to solve it quickly. I'll get back to you all as soon as I try with this, but don't hesitate in adding more suggestions to this case. I can't believe I'm the only person trying to mod the Bios of an Rx470 Nitro (not +). Thanks again!