Flash Bios of Sapphire rx 470 nitro 4gb (Elpida)

alfredo14alfredo14 Member Posts: 36
Hi everybody!

I recently acquired a GPU: Sapphire rx 470 nitro 4gb, which according to GPU-Z has an Elpida memory. I want to flash the BIOS, but unfortunately I haven't found an effective way to do so. Apparently it's impossible to do it manually, so I downloaded the ROM to do it the way everybody says it's supposed to be done. The problem is that after all (clicking on "program" and waiting for a few minutes), a window appeared saying that it was not compatible; I pressed "continue" but nothing happened.

I saw that in every forum/video tutorial I have checked, people talk about a V-Switch on a side of the GPU that we're supposed to change from "OC" to "Silent Mode", but my GPU doesn't have this switch. Does anybody else have this kind of GPU? or, has anybody gone through a similar issue with an Elpida?

This is the model of the GPU: Sapphire Radeon NITRO Rx 470 4GB GDDR5 Dual HDMI / DVI-D / Dual DP OC (UEFI) PCI-E Graphics Card 11256-10-20G. I am attaching some pictures of the model. Thanks in advance for your feedback about this!!

Comments

• EtherealmsEtherealms Member Posts: 60
    I have 2 470 Nitro. One has the bios switch and looks different than the above. The sapphire letters light up and has silver on the casing.

The second one is exactly as the one in the picture and has no bios switch, not sure why. To change the rom setup use PolarisBiosEditor and copy the 1500 straps up to 2000 for a start. Then use WinAti flash to load the modded rom and flash it.

This works fine for me on both my cards. What drivers are you using?
  • lefferalganlefferalgan Member Posts: 21

I have 2 470 Nitro. One has the bios switch and looks different than the above. The sapphire letters light up and has silver on the casing.

The second one is exactly as the one in the picture and has no bios switch, not sure why. To change the rom setup use PolarisBiosEditor and copy the 1500 straps up to 2000 for a start. Then use WinAti flash to load the modded rom and flash it.

The difference between both is the one with flashlight is Nitro+ and the second without light is Nitro (without +)
  • alfredo14alfredo14 Member Posts: 36

I tried with Polaris but the straps are different, so the values can't match. I'll try to post a capture of the straps as soon as possible for you guys to see exactly what I mean. Then I could double check and tell you the drivers I am using... Thanks!
    The difference between both is the one with flashlight is Nitro+ and the second without light is Nitro (without +)

Thanks for the heads up! I supposed that was the difference after checking out in amazon and other websites. The problem now is how to flash the memory of this one, since it seems to be quite different... Keep in mind that it's an ELPIDA.
    Here are the pics showing the timings and values of my GPUs. As you can see, the Elpida ones are different than the Samsung ones, so my question is: How to successfully flash the Bios of this GPU in order to get the legendary 31Mh/s that everybody talk about?

• VortexicsVortexics Member Posts: 4
    This is the polaris editor you need for 11256-10-20g and many other new elpida gpus out there
    https://github.com/jaschaknack/PolarisBiosEditor/tree/110aa3a5a0aeafe16bb0a96b53583e7e8e77999b