Any one succedded with MSI Z170 Krait Gaming Mob with 6GPU ?

maheswaranmaheswaran Member Posts: 12
Hi Frieds,
i am a fresher in mining. Built my rig last week and mining since then.
MSI Z170 Krait Gaming
6xSapphire RX480 8GB
OS Win 10 64bit UEFI

Using the latest BD version bios with 4g memory enabled (New bios mention that as crypto mining on bios setting)

So far i could only able to connect 5GPU to mine. Cannot able to make it with 6th one. My another RX480 is just hanging simply without any job. I tried all the workarounds that is available in the forum but none gave a fix. Still looking with hope for sun shine. Could anyone help me out ?

Comments

• SkaywalkuurrrSkaywalkuurrr Member Posts: 23
    Did you enable Gen1 and 4G decoding in the Bios menu for every PCI-E lane?
    Next step unplug all cards except one for your monitor and the card which isnt working now try to install the driver again. Driver 16.9.1 works very well for me. Shut down your rig and plug in all gpus. I hope it helps. :smile:
    I dont have exactly the same Mobo but the same chipset and this step did work this mobo: https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/12286/just-another-14-gpu-mining-rig
  • Giang_Tran87Giang_Tran87 Member Posts: 2
    Đã nhận 7vga chưa các anh
  • maheswaranmaheswaran Member Posts: 12

Did you enable Gen1 and 4G decoding in the Bios menu for every PCI-E lane?
    Next step unplug all cards except one for your monitor and the card which isnt working now try to install the driver again. Driver 16.9.1 works very well for me. Shut down your rig and plug in all gpus. I hope it helps. :smile:
    I dont have exactly the same Mobo but the same chipset and this step did work this mobo: https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/12286/just-another-14-gpu-mining-rig

I was using 16.9.2 and today degraded to 16.7.2. Even with 5 gpu, i couldn't able to have a stable mining. The maximum time, i mined with 5gpu was only around 10hrs. Usually gets "Open CL error. call on gpu 4 failed". I became sick of this motherboard. Planning to get a new one. When i get repeated Open CL error, the windows stopped that particular gpu with message "reported errors".

Today gonna try again a clean installation of drivers with 16.7.2. Will update here the result once done. This is my last try. If it doesn't work out, I am going to buy new motherboard "Biostar TB350" that is now available here in China.
    Hi, I have some how managed to bring all the 6 cards in windows but now the issues comes with miner program. Claymore miner crashes at "Bulding Open CL Program for GPU4". It just hangs in there and crashes.
    Finally changed my motherboard to Biostar TB250-BTC. All good now. My 2 weeks old MSI Z170 motherboard gonna sleep now inside the box