What commission/percentage/cut does NiceHash take? What are the pros and cons? And other questions

blockreefblockreef Member Posts: 22
Hey all

Sorry if this is a silly question, I did try searching.

1. What commission / percentage / cut does NiceHash take?

And if you wouldn't mind:

2. What are the pros of NiceHash? Is it mainly ease of use, automatic alternating to the most profitable coins, and payout in BTC?

3. What are the cons of NiceHash? Commission? Is ROI significantly less, or is it negligible?

4. Are there better and more profitable options for those willing to do daily research & manual alternating to the most profitable coins? Claymore's?

5. For Ethereum, would EthOS be significantly better than Windows, or is it negligible?

Comments

• blockreefblockreef Member Posts: 22
  • JoxNiceHashJoxNiceHash Member Posts: 17
    edited May 2017
    Hello!

NiceHash takes 3% (buyer / seller).

Pros:
    You save time and energy (and money) while mining. It is more like autopilot cruise ride - that is, if you are a seller. If you are a buyer, you get reliable and stable massive hashing power to mine almost any coin on any pool. It is like having your own personal mining farm on demand, without any long-term contracts or hassle.

Cons:
    You (at least now) can't get paid or even pay in any coin you want (only in bitcoins for now) - or in fiat. But this is also something that will be managed in the future (pssst... we are talking about adding Ethereum first).

There are other options, but on the long run, NiceHash wins.

As a seller, you should use recommended software for maximum profitability - NiceHash Miner.
  • blockreefblockreef Member Posts: 22

Hello!

NiceHash takes 3% (buyer / seller).

Pros:
    You save time and energy (and money) while mining. It is more like autopilot cruise ride - that is, if you are a seller. If you are a buyer, you get reliable and stable massive hashing power to mine almost any coin on any pool. It is like having your own personal mining farm on demand, without any long-term contracts or hassle.

Cons:
    You (at least now) can't get paid or even pay in any coin you want (only in bitcoins for now) - or in fiat. But this is also something that will be managed in the future (pssst... we are talking about adding Ethereum first).

As a seller, you should use recommended software for maximum profitability - NiceHash Miner.

Thank you Jox, much appreciated.

Keep those opinions coming, peeps.
  • newfullusernewfulluser Member Posts: 21

What do you mean by that?

Maybe I'm wrong, buy you'd make more money mining the coin directly.
  • JoxNiceHashJoxNiceHash Member Posts: 17
    Well, if you find mining and trading experience joyful, go ahead. I even encourage people to try different strategies, but I have noticed that most of the users aren't really miners and they don't enjoy "wasting" their time doing all the complicated stuff - fees, switching between algorithms, coins, exchanges, software, wallets, ... it takes time. Time to learn and time to manage everything - and time is money, as you might agree.

They would rather enjoy the comfort of "autopilot" mining while doing things they love doing (not trading and mining). And NiceHash Miner is the only software capable of providing this kind of comfort to its users. :)

So, on the long run, to utilise your hardware, NiceHash is the way to go. Saves times and makes you money. What else would can we wish for? :smiley: