For those thinking of getting into Ether mining read this

13»

Comments

• retherrether Member Posts: 258 ✭✭
    nuhanenu said:

Could somebody link me to an Expanse mining difficulty chart?? I´d be interested to see the progression. Drew a short straw on google ;( . + I have old cards 7950 and so, so they have better hashing numbers compaired to Eth´s large dag-file..

I don't know of an actual difficulty estimator but if ETH becomes less profitable then expanse diff will spike rapidly so I'd say at this point it's impossible to estimate.

On some cards expanse is already really close to ETH profitability.
  • guntisvitolinsguntisvitolins Member Posts: 24
    Was dealing with this shop mineshop.eu . All I can say great service and quality products . B)
  • OverconOvercon Member Posts: 37
    It is now 2017, is it still feasible to mine for another year?
  • charliebridge82charliebridge82 Member Posts: 34
    Difficulty is increasing day by day... I'm mining monero right now... less temp for gpu and a little more value
  • bctopicsbctopics Member Posts: 333 ✭✭

Difficulty is increasing day by day... I'm mining monero right now... less temp for gpu and a little more value

What gpu's are you using? what temps are you getting compared to eth?
    Overcon said:

People said it wasn't feasible when i started and I've made $2k+ already.. If you don't mind losing the money if things do go south then go for it! Worst case scenario you have a good learning experience and some fun.
    bctopics said:

Well, I'm using Sapphire RX 470 4GB (reference) with these numbers: 60°/70% fan with Eth and 52°/55 % fan with XMR... BUT, I was having problems with claymore 9.7 for monero (3 bsod in 48hrs and the 100% fan glitch). Went back to eth since yesterday and zero errors 'till now (the errors with monero doesn't compensate the little extra money I was getting)

bctopics said:

Well, I'm using Sapphire RX 470 4GB (reference) with these numbers: 60°/70% fan with Eth and 52°/55 % fan with XMR... BUT, I was having problems with claymore 9.7 for monero (3 bsod in 48hrs and the 100% fan glitch). Went back to eth since yesterday and zero errors 'till now (the errors with monero doesn't compensate the little extra money I was getting)
    Ah, yeah I haven't had much luck with monero either.
  • yodiyodi Member Posts: 265 ✭✭
    Overcon said:

pos will not come before 2018 ... for sure. and smartpool probably come in 2-3 month
    yodi said:

Overcon said:

pos will not come before 2018 ... for sure. and smartpool probably come in 2-3 month
    How do you know POS won't be until 2018? I thought it was suppose to be Q3 of 2017
    What do you think about smartpool? I was reading about it (Vitalik is involved as advisor)
  • hoangstshoangsts Member Posts: 10
    is this topic still stands???? so people please do not mine ethereum any more.. let me be on my own with this hahaha
  • mangshawnmangshawn Member Posts: 4
    Hmmmm Almost May 2017 and ether mining still very profitable. That's why I never listen to predictions. Let me know when this so called proof of stake makes any real progress hehe.
  • wcryanwcryan Member Posts: 157
    I agree with the above..... Also ETC is gonna be just as profitable if ETH goes PoS.
  • EtherrulesEtherrules Member Posts: 1
    I was trying to mine Ethereum on my own and as a novice thought it was too hard, so I researched a few cloud miners and went to Hashflare about a year ago. The UI is very simple to understand I started seeing progress within a day or 2 and over the course of the year I've made around 150% from initial investment. Feel free to check it Hashflare at the link below, you also get 10% off with it.

https://hashflare.io/r/DFDCA343
  • vgmvgm Member Posts: 56
    @Etherrules Get out of here with your spam.

People, please don't be scammed by cloud mining. Unscrupulous shills, who are undoubtedly connected to the cloud mining sites they promote, come on these forums with the intention of duping new members of the community into purchasing worthless mining contracts.

If you had bought ETH directly about a year ago, you would have made over 600% profit. If you had mined ETH starting about a year ago, you would have made over 300% profit. So don't be fooled into thinking that cloud mining is profitable.
  • ChaosGenChaosGen Member Posts: 1
    wcryan, why do you think that ETC is gonna be just as profitable?

Could you give a link to any kind of post that explains this? Every discussion that I saw basically ends with the conclusion that POW is generally worse then POS and it's just a question of time when it will stop being used.

• PappiPappi Member Posts: 3
    ChaosGen said:

wcryan, why do you think that ETC is gonna be just as profitable?

Could you give a link to any kind of post that explains this? Every discussion that I saw basically ends with the conclusion that POW is generally worse then POS and it's just a question of time when it will stop being used.

The irony is that only people who do mining and other funky computer gurus are even really interested in crypto currency at all.

Imo, after POS happens many people will completely lose interest and forget about ether. The stock price of ether will continue to fall.

ZEC and ETC stock price will rise rapidly.