Ethos or Windows

Nicolas1804Nicolas1804 Member Posts: 52
edited April 2017 in Mining
Hi guys, i would like to know what's the better os for rx 480 8gb and h81 pro btc r2.
Thanks you
bye

Comments

• pajchepajche Member Posts: 40
    I went for windows. I can't say about ethos, i never used it. But i dont think ethos can protect your hardware as windows can. Windows will shutdown a hardware if something go bad. And much easier for control and monitoring.

Don't take my words, maybe im wrong somewhere, but i have good experience with windows.
  • thepixelgeekthepixelgeek PhillyMember Posts: 96
    I'd say Windows 10 for the win. Better suited for flashing bios and tweaking. There are more tools available to you.

Ethos was great, I used it first, because it just worked right out of the box. Untouched it used 100 more watts at the wall, fans spun higher, therefore a little louder. That said, you can do some tweaking but I don't think nearly as much as you can with Windows 10.

OEM version of Windows will cost you $30.
  • kristofferjonkristofferjon Sagittarius AMember Posts: 77 ✭✭
    EthOS definitely.
  • Nicolas1804Nicolas1804 Member Posts: 52

EthOS definitely.

why ?

thanks you all btw
  • Nicolas1804Nicolas1804 Member Posts: 52
    edited April 2017

I'd say Windows 10 for the win. Better suited for flashing bios and tweaking. There are more tools available to you.

Ethos was great, I used it first, because it just worked right out of the box. Untouched it used 100 more watts at the wall, fans spun higher, therefore a little louder. That said, you can do some tweaking but I don't think nearly as much as you can with Windows 10.

OEM version of Windows will cost you $30.

i can have all windows for free and a friend gave me ethos so i'm ok for this. Do you know what version of windows is the best for mining ? like family , pro etc ?
  • kristofferjonkristofferjon Sagittarius AMember Posts: 77 ✭✭

EthOS definitely.

why ?

thanks you all btw
    For mass deployments its the best option, based off my experience of running them.